Mens Tennis Forums banner

1741 - 1754 of 1754 Posts

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Pity Dani couldn't sustain his lead,I'm still happy he got 2nd,he still has problems with a knee. Even the man himself is pretty delighted with even being on the podium-let alone 2nd. A small guy with a very big heart:rocker2:

Bradley:woohoo::banana:

·
Banned
2,797 Posts
Woah. Not a single reply in here since 5/3/2009. :eek:

Congrats to Marc Marquez, Toni Elías and Jorge Lorenzo on winning their respectives championships this year. :woohoo:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Anyone just watch the Qatar GP? Looks like Honda is going to be super tough to beat this season, specifically Stoner. But Lorenzo is amazing and did a second place even with a power deficit. He is so fast, even faster than Valentino now? VR46 placed 7th with a bad shoulder.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,353 Posts
Stroner will be tough to beat this year, only Lorenzo has a slight chance to stop him
seems like the gaps have gone bigger this season, very few races might be decided in the last lap

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Stoner is the fastest rider this year but Lorenzo is the most consistent race in and out. Casey just won the Cataluyna GP over Lorenzo with Spies on the podium.

With Pedrosa having shoulder problems, it looks like this is a two man battle between Stoner and Lorenzo.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
So the season is really developing nicely, but the Yamaha isn't as good as the Honda and I can't see Lorenzo winning the title this year, unless Stoner falls in a race. Today Stoner just came on at the end and won in Laguna Seca easily. He's really good at controlling pace so his tires don't wear. Jorge is having to push every lap to keep ahead of Pedrosa and Stoner in the races.

What's still most surprising this year is how far off Ducati is, Valentino and Hayden are just not remotely capable of fighting with Honda and Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts
Basically this season comes down to how well Stoner manages his tyres during the races because the Yamaha's can't match the race pace of Honda in most circuits

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
After a disastrous 2011, X Fuera won the first race of 2012 in Dubai proving he is simply the best rider on the grid with his tires :worship:

Casey just didn't manage his tires well enough and then his right arm gave out on him. He blamed it for why he lost. Hopefully in Jerez Jorge wins in front of the home country fans and shows Casey that things are different this season :yeah:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Rossi ends up in 2nd place :cheerleader: though he has Iannone and Dovizioso to thank who crashed in the last lap or better said it was Iannone's fault.

Marc wins :bigclap:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,353 Posts
with the wheel up in the face of the spanish cheaters :yeah:

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Bump. I can't believe this abandoned thread was so popular 10 years back.

Marc Marquez won the Thailand GP after an exciting fight till the last corner with Fabio Quartararo (their finish distracted me a bit from watching Tokyo final). As a result the Spaniard won his 6th championship title in the premier class (and 8th overall). Only two legends are ahead of Marquez in terms of premier class titles: Giacomo Agostini (8) and Valentino Rossi (7). The Spanish legend is just 26 yo so it looks like sky is the limit for him. However, I expect Quartararo (who is only 20 yo) to be a threat to Marc dominance in the coming years. This race was their second tight duel in recent weeks, after San Marino GP (on both occasions the champion managed to overtake the youngster during the last lap) and it may indicate things to come in next seasons.

1741 - 1754 of 1754 Posts