Mens Tennis Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 1754 Posts

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
Hayden claims shock world title

Nicky Hayden snatched the MotoGP crown from the grasp of five-time champion Valentino Rossi following a dramatic final race in Valencia on Sunday.

Rossi led the standings by eight points before the race but saw his hopes end after sliding out on lap five.

He got back on his Yamaha and finished 13th but American Hayden, 25, came home in third to take the title for Honda.

Australia's World Superbike champion Troy Bayliss, riding in place of the injured Sete Gibernau, won for Ducati.

Hayden's title chances looked over just a fortnight ago when he crashed out of the Portuguese MotoGP after being hit by team-mate Dani Pedrosa.

But the 'Kentucky Kid' bounced back to become the first American to win the premier class title since Kenny Roberts Jr in 2000.

"I'm just real, really proud," said an emotional Hayden after the race.

"You dream about being world champion and dedicate your whole life to it, so when it comes true it is very special.

"I may not always have been the fastest but every race I've tried my hardest."

Hayden enjoyed a 51-point advantage over Rossi, 27, in the standings after his victory in the US Grand Prix in Laguna Seca in July.

But the Italian clawed his way back into contention before taking over the lead at Estoril following Hayden's mishap.

British rider James Ellison finished the race 14th on the Tech 3 Yamaha to end the season in 18th position.

Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo won the 250cc title by finishing fourth on the Fortuna Aprilia in Valencia.
The race was won by San Marino's Alex de Angelis on the Master Aspar Aprilia as Lorenzo finished the season 17 points ahead of Italy's Andrea Dovizioso.

Britain's Chaz Davies was 21st in a wild-card ride on the Grillini Honda as fellow countryman Dan Linfoot failed to finish on the Winona Honda.

Hector Faubel won the 125cc race as his Master Aspar Aprilia team-mate and fellow Spaniard Alvaro Bautista, who was already world champion, finished fourth.
Britain's Bradley Smith was 12th on the Repsol Honda to finish his debut season in 19th.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,353 Posts
horrible

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Why wouldnt it let me post that? :confused: Anyway, im really shocked at what happened...Rossi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :rolleyes: Does anyone know what the problems were with his bike?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,353 Posts
Why wouldnt it let me post that? :confused: Anyway, im really shocked at what happened...Rossi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :rolleyes: Does anyone know what the problems were with his bike?
no problems with his bike

just with his head

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
i didnt watch it but glad i didnt coz el guapo was injured :tears:

·
Registered
21,867 Posts

·
Ace Loveforty
83,353 Posts

·
Registered
100,161 Posts
Vale :bigcry: :bigcry:
last sunday Shumi and now u :awww:
no lucky around those men :( :ras:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Poor Vale!!! :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2:

·
Registered
17,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,712
Hi people!! I'm back from Valencia. Yeah, the after party hangover is still with me. :lol: I saw Valentino falling in front of where I was and I couldn't believe it. I never expected that Nicky would win after the portuguese debacle. :rolleyes: But...c'est la vie!!! I'm very happy with this result. ;)

We'll have more MotoGP in few months...

CONGRATULATIONS BOYS!!!

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Hi people!! I'm back from Valencia. Yeah, the after party hangover is still with me. :lol: I saw Valentino falling in front of where I was and I couldn't believe it. I never expected that Nicky would win after the portuguese debacle. :rolleyes: But...c'est la vie!!! I'm very happy with this result. ;)

We'll have more MotoGP in few months...

CONGRATULATIONS BOYS!!!

:wavey: Wow you actually saw it happen? :eek: Im so jealous!! I couldnt believe it when Vale fell off either. I was so mad!!!! :mad: ;)

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
yeah it was really an exciting season, especially between Nicky and Vale. Pity Vale had to loose the title this way.. but well its all in the game

Hope next year will be also that exciting. That would certainly be nice.

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
i have no idea bout this season :eek: didnt ven realise Faubel won 125 :eek: hahaha anyways alicia where have uve been :eek: kidding :hug: glad u seemed to had a good time!

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
yeah true but i havnt even been able to watch tennis :eek:

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
poor boy :sad:

Rallying-Dakar motorcycle rider Esteve suffers serious injuries
Sun Mar 25, 2007

MADRID, March 25 (Reuters) - Spanish motorcycle rider Isidre Esteve has lost the feeling from his waist down after crashing his KTM bike in a round of the Spanish all-terrain rally championship on Saturday.

Spanish media reported that Esteve, who has competed in the Dakar rally, suffered a heavy blow to his back after losing control of his bike and was taken to hospital in a helicopter.

A medical report from the hospital said that the rider had suffered severe damage to several vertebrae, injured his chest, lungs and broken several ribs.

1701 - 1720 of 1754 Posts