·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two major talents but both lack the artistry of Rios. Are there a plethora of You Tube videos honoring their tennis talents as there are many made to salute Rios?

if so please share.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I nominate RAFA followed closely by HASSE.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
His sheer 'talent' didnt help him much to win before 21. :sport: So much talented.
Because he did not mature emotionally.
“He was a really bad loser,” said Madeleine Bärlocher, Federer’s first coach at the Old Boys Tennis Club in Basel. “After he’d lose a match, he’d sit under the umpire’s chair and cry for half an hour sometimes. The other players would already be in the clubhouse eating sandwiches, and he’d still be crying on the court.”
Bagels served by Fed to #1 ranked players:
Gustavo Kuerten (clay)
Andre Agassi (hard)
Lleyton Hewitt (hard (3), clay, grass)
Andy Roddick (indoor hard, hard)
Rafael Nadal (grass, indoor hard, clay)
Novak Djokovic (hard)
Andy Murray (indoor hard)

Fed has bageled every YE #1 since he turned pro (1998), with the exception of Pete.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Federer's wins since 35 prove it, physically he's old but sheer talent is still bringing titles.
His serve is indeed a product of sheer talent with his height. He's still managed to conquer No1e at Miami at that age though so he still has a ways to go.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
I think it's Gulbis, Safin.. Rafa, Potro, Fed. It'd be stupid not to mention guys like Nole and Murray, but I bet they're better workers than the previous bunch bar Fedal and that made the main difference.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Santoro might be the worst mention ever, LOL!

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
Arazi

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Coria is up therez that guy was a genius on the dirt with minimal power.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Santoro might be the worst mention ever, LOL!
Santoro lasted 18 years in ATP with no weapon whatsoever except for TALENT.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I nominate Marcelo Rios. Honorable mention: Fabrice Santoro, Roger, Federer, Marat Safin, John McEnroe, Martina Hingis, Su Wei Hsieh.

Some convincing proof for Rios in this article and the video.

https://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/scoop/the-most-talented-tennis-player-of-all-time-marcelo-rios/
IMO Kyrgios is the most talented player of all time. He basically has every possible weapon needed to win majors consistently like the big 3 & dominate the sport. But sadly because of his dumb mentality & poor hip, he will never reach his full potential.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts