1,597 Posts
Gaston is a very talented player :worship: but his head :tape:

·
Registered
921 Posts
DanEd said:
gaston is awesome, he is most talented argentine player
more than nalbandian and more than coria
Is that what you were saying when Gaudio was losing 6-0 3-0 to Coria in last year's French Open Final?

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
federer express said:
yeah but tennis would be boring if everyone was consistent!!
Sure, that everybody is really consistent and playing to the full extent of their respective abilities... this utopia doesn't exist ;) and maybe it's good that this doesn't exist as for some fans (and maybe play in general) it's even more interesting to watch a player like Gaudio because of the surprise effect and because you never know what you're getting with him: if he is tanking a match because of nothing or putting up an excellent show with play from a picturebook.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
yeah but tennis would be boring if everyone was consistent!!posted by Federer express
Who spoke of everyone?? :devil: , only my favorites...
no seriously speaking, no one 'll reach 100% consistency, cuz finally, we are humans..but there's a good limit of consistency, when u can wait for ur favorite player to achieve certain results or higher, and not get :wazzup: with him giving up easily or suddenly got defeated by an unknown allien after making good results few hours ago,(talking generally by the way, no specific player in mind for trouble lovers :devil: )..
that's not boring, that's enjoyable not to get disappointed ..right?

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
cleverdutchclogs said:
Is that what you were saying when Gaudio was losing 6-0 3-0 to Coria in last year's French Open Final?
Oh yeah thats Gaudio for you, sometimes he plays such beautiful tennis and I go :eek: and at times he seems so flat its :mad:

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
nermo said:
Who spoke of everyone?? :devil: , only my favorites...
no seriously speaking, no one 'll reach 100% consistency, cuz finally, we are humans..but there's a good limit of consistency, when u can wait for ur favorite player to achieve certain results or higher, and not get :wazzup: with him giving up easily or suddenly got defeated by an unknown allien after making good results few hours ago,(talking generally by the way, no specific player in mind for trouble lovers :devil: )..
that's not boring, that's enjoyable not to get disappointed ..right?
ok but if gaidio was consistent he would be a completely different person and player...so presumably he may not be one of your favourites anymore

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Is that what you were saying when Gaudio was losing 6-0 3-0 to Coria in last year's French Open Final? posted by cleverdclogs
Oh My GOD, not again, i was receiving a psychotherapy trying to heal from this one...Coria :banghead: ..this is my point about consistency...For me as an example..it wasn't so much fun, watching Coria losing that match..after about 2 - one. sided -sets

·
Registered
277 Posts
Gaudio is class. I mean, Agassi was in a different league today on the hard court. But Gaudio was really fighting strong at brief outbursts in that second set, and on a better day, he might have just been able to take it to a tie breaker.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Gaudio was at turns totally at ease and in his element against one of the best hardcourt players around and he was also painfully awful -the spate of errors on which he ended the match were dreadful. Upon unforced errors abound the road to Shanghai does not lie.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
so presumably he may not be one of your favourites anymore posted by Federer express..
Hmmm :cool: ..i 'm glad i 've given that impression (means i 'm a nice person :p ), but honestly Gaudio is not a fovorite of mine...i only respect his talent...(sorry for all Gaudio fans)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
He's always been very talented, maybe now more people realise that he didn't win seven matches at RG last year because all his opponents cramped and he just knocked the ball back into court. Inconsistency and lack of belief has always affected him on hardcourt (clay too, until recently), but the flashes of form he showed against Agassi suggest that he can get enough decent results to put himself in position for the TMC. I mean yes, it's disappointing to go down rather easily in the end, but better to be losing in a QF to someone of his calibre than in the first round to Toddles Reid, for example. If he can win the matches that he's capable of winning on hard, live up to his seeding and lose to the top fast-court players, that would be enough to merit a TMC place.

Don't worry guys, soon enough I will be reminding Gigan that someone has crashed Andre Agassi at this moment.

·
Banned
6,861 Posts
Sjengster said:
He's always been very talented, maybe now more people realise that he didn't win seven matches at RG last year because all his opponents cramped and he just knocked the ball back into court. Inconsistency and lack of belief has always affected him on hardcourt (clay too, until recently), but the flashes of form he showed against Agassi suggest that he can get enough decent results to put himself in position for the TMC. I mean yes, it's disappointing to go down rather easily in the end, but better to be losing in a QF to someone of his calibre than in the first round to Toddles Reid, for example. If he can win the matches that he's capable of winning on hard, live up to his seeding and lose to the top fast-court players, that would be enough to merit a TMC place.

Don't worry guys, soon enough I will be reminding Gigan that someone has crashed Andre Agassi at this moment.
you again are wrong, bitch ;)
this thread is not about me, or you...
this thread is about talented latinos, gaudio...

i will ignore you again...

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
I also realized how talented Gaudio is. The problem, he needs to believe in himself.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Gigan said:
you again are wrong, bitch ;)
this thread is not about me, or you...
this thread is about talented latinos, gaudio...

i will ignore you again...

·
Banned
6,861 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Whats the matter cant handle what you dish out
read her previous posts...

she is from Andre's haters
usually i am ignoring such "friends"

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I never knew MTF could bring out my feminine side so much. Is there some kind of gender-bending hormone around these parts?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
The best single-hander at the top of the men's game. I realised watching the highlights of last night's set how much popularity plays a part in crowd support. Gaudio hit the most incredible backhand winner straight off the return, right into the corner; then on the next point Agassi stroked a clean backhand winner down the line in the middle of the rally. Both shots were equally stunning, but Gaudio got a polite round of applause and Agassi was cheered to the rafters.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts