Mens Tennis Forums banner

1321 - 1330 of 1330 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
He qualified to Granby CH :cheerleader:
Beat an unranked player and #1392

Plays Shapovalov in R1 so probably end of the road.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Almost choked that match against Verryth as well, served for it at *5-4 in the second and lost the set 5-7. But I believe this finally gives him some points for this year's race, so good for him :lol:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Seems to have finally gotten his shit together (well, kinda :lol:).

Won 2 matches to qualify for the Gwangju CH, then won his R1 6-3 0-6 6-4 against Cheong-Eui Kim (who also has 2 forehands by the way, which is pretty interesting). After he won Marinko kept kind of grunting and moaning, imitating someone in the crowd before he started directly having a go at them, and I heard the words "car park" before the umpire quietly frantically started saying "just leave it Marinko, just leave it" :hysteric:

And then today he won his R2 against Ebden 6-3 4-6 7-5. Couldn't have happened at a better time, as his ranking had dropped to 760th. This QF already bumps his ranking back up to around 623rd, and another win would put him at around 537th.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,328
I am amazed at his age and with his career seemingly in freefall he continues to play on. That today was a huge win over our #3 ranked player. Perhaps there is life in the old 'mad dog' yet.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Into the semis of the Kaohsiung CH as a lucky loser, winning his QF against Begemann (who beat Thompson in R1) 1&3, only dropping 1 first service point, and not facing a single break point despite only serving at 41%. Plays third seed Copil in the semis.

Crazy to think that after such an atrocious year he shouldn't finish the year much lower than 500th at an absolute minimum, and if he can somehow beat Copil that goes up to 430ish, and 340ish with a title :lol:

1321 - 1330 of 1330 Posts