Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there is a clear message being sent by the other guys on the ATP. It won't be easy and now other players are hungry to win slams and tournaments. I think Djokovic winning in toronto started the message and the other players are responding to the world number 1 and 2. What do you all think?

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
OH PLEASE................Nalbandian is a very good player. This fact has been known for years. Ever so often he goes on one of these runs in which he plays very good tennis. Such was Madrid.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am saying that other players will now be more committed. do the work to win and break up the nadal federer monolopy of the game. In my opinion. what do you all think. Djovovic said it in his interview to break it up so it can other people in contention. In my opinion again. What do you all think?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
i am saying that other players will now be more committed. do the work to win and break up the nadal federer monolopy of the game. In my opinion. what do you all think. Djovovic said it in his interview to break it up so it can other people in contention. In my opinion again. What do you all think?

the problem is that "other players" don't have the weapons of nalbandian and djokovic. You are not going to suddenly see baghdatis, gasquet and berdych start having great results because of these guys.

What we do know is when david and joker play well, they can beat anybody ALMOST anywhere.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It's not like Nalby is actually the New Kid on the Block, you know... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And #3 being a threat to both #1 and #2 isn't actually something new either.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
I know why zadle is in the Arse Clown Contest.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's not like Nalby is actually the New Kid on the Block, you know... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And #3 being a threat to both #1 and #2 isn't actually something new either.
Well did you think Davydenko, Ljubicic, and Roddick were threats when they were #3?

I don't think it's a "message" but I think 2006 was a very very rare year of dominance by Nadal and Federer and this year has been a return to normalcy with these players "catchign fire in a bottle" and improving their overall games (Nalby's serve, Djoko's everything)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
What's clear is that, whatever the situation, there'll be no shortage of fans looking to draw sweeping conclusions.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
the problem is that "other players" don't have the weapons of nalbandian and djokovic. You are not going to suddenly see baghdatis, gasquet and berdych start having great results because of these guys.

What we do know is when david and joker play well, they can beat anybody ALMOST anywhere.
Baghdatis, Berdych and Gasquet are just lacking confidence/motivation. Exactly like Nalbandian before this week. They have enough weapons to beat Fed/Nadal on their day.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Your mailbox is full. You must delete old messages.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Baghdatis, Berdych and Gasquet are just lacking confidence/motivation. Exactly like Nalbandian before this week. They have enough weapons to beat Fed/Nadal on their day.
Gasquet and berdych have been lacking confidence/motivation for a long time. Baghdatis has been a first class MUG the past year or so.

A surprise upset is not out of the realm of possibility but to approach the level of a rivalry is something i am skeptical about with respect to these other players.

Even, then there are few players with weapons + mental ability to challenge roger regularly.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Sorry I disagree. Baggy's movement is suspect and Gasquet tries to play an attacking game 10 feet from the baseline. I agree about Berdych though.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Oh please, even though so many people call David "fat," he moves extremely well and has some of the cleanest shots out there today

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
The big question is - does Dave go back to the donut shop or the gym?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

I disagree about Gasquet. I think he does have the weapons to defeat Nadal, Djoke, and maybe Federer. He needs to be more aggressive and have the right mentality to achieve so however.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts