Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Typical "what have you done for me lately" stupid thread

No in fact not even that — more like "what have you done for me right now, I don't give a fuck what you did last week"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
He is definitely lost his aura from a few months ago. Especially mentally.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Never understood the hype anyway. Massive overachiever and a bad actor. Men's tennis doesn't need him.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
He has had a big up and downs in his career. This is not his first crisis, so I'm sure he will jump back.

·
Registered
59,857 Posts
Bit premature, but today's huge choke was certainly a worrying sign given that his clutchness is what propelled his run at the USO. It was a big mistake to take time off.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cancelling a player because they go through a difficult patch is legit. No really, it is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Feels like this defeat might haunt him for a while. Fortunately it's the last tournament of the season, so whatever else happens he can go home after this and reflect on his excellent season overall.

Some sort of comedown was inevitable, but we'll see what's really going on at the Australian Open.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
A hype was something you invented. We all knew (well sensible tennis fans) he will have up and downs. And that his 2019 will in no way be a proof that he will win 5+ slams. You lot should just calm your tits and watch matches, stupid predictions also result in huge disappointments. Typical.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
He will still be within big 4 challengers next season. He threw this match obviously for some reason, either Russian mafia or trying to help Nadal gain YE#1. Doing thumbs up on every point celebrating for Nadal.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
A "prisoner of the moment" thread, but there is some truth to it. I need to see Medvedev go through a tough period and come back to take him as a big time player. What he did was catch a good wave and ride it for months. It's gonna end and how he reacts to it will show a lot.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
This is equally as reactive as the people proclaiming him a multi-slam champion after his good run.

It'll be interesting to see how he starts next season, and see what he works on during the off season. I feel like that will be a much better guide to what his potential is next year, rather than just reacting to his form right now, or his form on the US hard courts.

Two months is a really long time in tennis terms.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts