Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The "Mardy, sort out your serve b/c there's nothing to cheer about in 2007" thread.

Mardy has entered Auckland, during the 2nd week of the 2007 season. He's not entered in any of the three week 1 tourneys so I guess he's starting his 2007 in Auckland before the AO.

Here's to a fantabulous 2007 for Mardy! :drink:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Re: Mardy in 2007!

cheers! :drink:

·
Registered
7,913 Posts

hi guys, i don't normally post here but just thought you might be interested in this piece of news i just got sent by email:

Mardy Fish Joins Hopman Cup Field
4 December 2006

AMERICAN Mardy Fish has joined the field for Hyundai Hopman Cup XIX with the withdrawal through injury of defending champion Taylor Dent.

Fish, a silver medallist in singles at the Athens Olympics, had reached a career-high ranking of 17 before a wrist injury sent him spiraling down the ranks to 350. Following surgery, he has fought his way back inside the top 50 and returned to the Tour’s winning list by claiming the title in Houston this year.

Dent and Lisa Raymond combined to win last summer’s Hopman Cup, the fourth for the USA and Dent was set to partner five-times Grand Slam champion Venus Williams this January as No 4 seeds. Fish will now have this honour.

That seeding will remain unchanged, as will the schedule of matches for the USA.

Tournament Director Paul McNamee said Dent suffered a recurrence of a back injury in March this year and had yet to return to the court, although he had been confident of making a comeback in Perth.

“He has been battling the injury all year and recently started practicing again,” says McNamee. “But he’s just not ready and now doesn’t plan coming to Australia at all this summer.”

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

too bad for Taylor but yay for Mardy :D

·
Registered
946 Posts

taylor :awww:

hopefully we're getting hopman cup broadcast next year as we did this year - haven't gotta see mardy play in a looooooooooooooooooooong time :D

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Poor Taylor!

Good luck Mardy :yeah:

·
Registered
407 Posts

OMG....Taylor injury again and again...so poor...

Good Luck and Go Mardy!

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
33 Posts

Marty should WELCOME the chance to play with freshly divorced Ashley in an exotic locale, and looking for some off court 'bonding' to build the team,

if'n ya follow me

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Marty should WELCOME the chance to play with freshly divorced Ashley in an exotic locale, and looking for some off court 'bonding' to build the team,

if'n ya follow me
Nope, sorry, I'm not :scratch:

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Mardy in 2007 [Hopman Cup, Auckland, & AO]!

Very inauspicious start to the year, losing to Haehnel :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jerome Haehnel def Mardy Fish 7-5 4-6 7-6(3)

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

some pics from hopman cup

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts

:eek: :eek:
I hate TB....

1 - 20 of 480 Posts