Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Mandalorian? Reviving Star Wars or another dud?

612 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Awka Liwen 
#1 ·
Most may already be watching the hit new series (unfortunately an exclusive on Disney plus) and be in awe of this new series

This show features "The Mandalorian" basically Bobba Fett for star wars purists and his struggle through a post Empire life, where his clan of badass warrior troops have to go into hiding and live life in secrecy. The Mandalorian has to make his way through life by being the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. His bounty hunting leads him on some epic journeys, but one mission turns his life around , as he must make a decision that will the course of his life and probably the galaxy's too....

For me, this is the best thing since the original trilogy. I admit the plot takes a second to develop and it is pretty slow, but everything from the first scene to the last scene in episode three , make you feel that sense of wonder and awe as you watch a galaxy far far away. I would argue the series is better than episode 7 , 8 , Rogue one, and Solo (may even outshine Episode 9) .

What do others think about the Mandalorian?

#2 ·
Sadly I just don't trust anything Star Wars nowadays, particularly after The Last Jedi (didn't even bother with Solo). If it's really good maybe I'll watch it in the future, plus I love Pedro Pascal.

Right now I'm watching HBO's Watchmen, it's soooo good. These last two episodes were TV masterpieces.

#3 ·
Mandalorians and bounty hunter were always the cherry on the top in many different medias including the excellent rpg games Knights of the Old Republic from 2003 and 2005 so its no secret that this series is probably the best Star Wars since the original trilogy and I didnt even watch it.

#4 ·
Yeah was a brilliant storyline and I would love if they could redo a triple A video game based on the mandalorian. Storyline following this guy

#9 ·
I actually very much liked VI, for the redemption aspect. Remember that when you looked at V, everything seemed dire. Han Solo was encased in carbonite under the hand of Jabba, "sold" through a friend (Lando). Luke had his hand cut off by Vader, and learnt that Vader was his father. You cannot really end the story just there, though a nice cliffhanger it was.

#10 ·
I really liked the conclusion to the conflict between Luke and Anakin too. How mature Luke is by that movie and how confident he is about seeing good in his father. It was a great ending on a character level. But everything around it wasn't up to that level, like a second Death Star, the ewok guerilla and the celebration at the end. Not mention going the brother/sister route with Luke and Leia, which as far as I know was a last minute call by Lucas.

#12 ·
Episode 6 was a lot of fun it felt like tribute to all things we know about Star Wars.

Characters were entertaining and on point.

Baby Yoda is also the best invention in the history of Star Wars.

#14 ·
@MWW Yeah VI had its issues, nowhere near a bad film but for me it just wasn't up to the standards V set as a sequel.

And I do share your concerns about IX. I think there is no way at all it's going to be a solid conclusion to all nine films, which is a shame honestly. Me personally, I decided not to watch it right after having seen VIII, but it would be good if people who are actually going to see it to get their money's worth.

I stopped half way during Chapterhouse due to work but I'm finishing it next month. Just wow, what a ride it's been. o_O

Is it worth it to get Hunters and Sandworms? I hear that's the real ending to the story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.