• what his daughter did to get him this dream job
  • what he thought when Nadal won the third
  • whether he will leave Novak to coach daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czE_SxvgJvc

Enjoy and comment

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Good interview. When it comes to tennis I believe that the player does 90 percent of the work so tennis coaches are slightly overrated if you ask me. He seems like a nice guy. He might have packed it in when Toad Martin arrived on the scene but he stuck it out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good interview, a very articulate man in a language which is not his first. He has certainly done a great job with Novak. Also, I like that he talks about Novak as "he". Toni Nadal always says "we" when he talks about Nadal. ....

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Impressive guy. Realistic, critical of his own coachee, but also admires him and cares for him on a deeply personal level (I think Novak calls him "almost like another father"). Seems very intelligent and articulate in English too. Can't imagine a better coach.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Seems like the only likable person in Faker's player box.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Vajda is a cool guy, doesn't make it all about him and lets Djokovic express himself in whatever way whether people like or not.

He did great work with Hrbaty intially. Vajda and Djokovic have found the right balance between fun and work.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Good man,Nole should thank him more at ceremonies,he only mention his team,only in Wienna 2007 I have heard that he thanked Marian directly.:worship:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Great guy indeed, it's one of those partnerships between a coach and a player that seems more than just that.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
He was very funny when they showed him in the RG locker room one year. :)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am glad Todd Martin left so early though. He was just destroying Novak's game. Not working

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Not a genius, but he is a nice guy...

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Hey, they clicked. Vajda is a very likable guy. Nowadays, players are looking for magic coaches. Vajda and Nole have stayed together even when Nole has had a very hard time. I respect that. Go Vajda :)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Vajda is great guy really, here in Slovakia we had many articles with him - mostly when Nole had succes, like now after USO or after Wimby when he has time he made some interview for local Slovak press and really the thing i like about him mostly is that he is not illusional or making big statements, he is always ,,normal,, is always choosing righ words to describe and answer for questions. It must been really tough for him in those times when Nole was struggling on serve and had 2 coaches - but they overcome it and now are enjoying succes of hardwork.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Yeah, there is no hubris about Vajda. He 'just tells it like it is'.
Also, he looks like a lad from the pub, amiable guy.
Now, Djokovic fitness trainer looks downright scary.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Good interview. Interesting how he said (as far as I could make out) that Djoker had put lots of work into taking Nadal's topspin forehands early on his own backhand side.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts