Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me suggestions for a new title if you'd like, I'm too busy right now to think of something creative. I just thought that this thread was needed.

Mardy's playing in the Covington challenger next week. Best of luck to him.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess next up is this one...

LUBBOCK CHALLENGER
LUBBOCK, TX; USA
19 – 25 SEPTEMBER 2005
Prize Money: US$ 50,000
32 DRAW

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Gosh. :(

Come on Mardy, you are way too good for this.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's smart because his ranking is so damn low. Why not win a few challengers, get a few points and his confidence back? He needs both. :(

·
85,829 Posts
oh no, he HAS to play challengers....that's not what I meant. I agree with you - he has no choice.

I just wish he didn't have to :( He shouldn't be, he's too good to be playing challengers.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish he didn't have to either :sad:, but hopefully they'll help a lot.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
:crying2: I think he should just take the rest of the year off :crying2:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:ras: I just want to see him winning ANY matches.

I wish that after a few challengers he'll get back in the groove of things. Atleast that's what I hope because he certainly has the talent. :(

·
85,829 Posts
aceit said:
I wish he didn't have to either :sad:, but hopefully they'll help a lot.
Assuming he can stay healthy, it should. Winning the 2 challengers back to back was really what got James going, I think. It's also what Andre did. Mardy's also GOT to make sure he is REALLY 100% before he goes out there. If he can bag a challenger title (or two or three or four:p) and get himself into the top 100 by year-end so that he can get into the AO directly, that will be really big, so that he can start there fresh. And he ought to get WCs into a lot of tourneys in the US so that he can work his way up. Let's just hope....

I'd also somehow like for Mardy to demonstrate that he really wants it. He needs to get into better shape and work harder. It's disappointing to hear the commentators question his work ethic whenever he does happen to make it onto tv or get a little attention. Show us you want it, Mardy. :awww:

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Poor Mardy but lets get some wins on the board...yeah :)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
I think most of you know that I'm not really a Mardy fan, but in case you didn't see it in that GM thread, I did speak to Scott Humphries on the first day of the USO (we were staying in the same hotel, but I only saw Mardy there once or twice). Scott told me that Mardy had done some off-court work during his time away this summer and that he had lost some weight (he guessed about 10 pounds). He said that it was now about matches and confidence, getting back into the groove, etc. There is a little bit of soreness in his wrist, so there is a teeny tiny mental block for Mardy, but nothing much really. Anyway, here is the US Challenger schedule for the rest of the year:

Sept 19th - Lubbock, TX
Sept 26th - Tulsa, OK
Oct 10th - Sacramento, CA (I'll be at this one)
Oct 17th - Calabasas, CA
Oct 24th - TBA
Oct 31st - Boston, MA
Nov 7th - Nashville, TN
Nov 14th - Urbana, IL

Lots of opportunites for him to pick up points before the AO entry cutoff.

·
85,829 Posts
Thanks Fee :smooch: Hopefully this will be the start of something good. What did Andre's rank drop to that time? Was it 141? Come on Mardy, show everyone you really want it :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
The only thing that really excited me in this thread was that Mardy lost 10 pounds. Vamos weight loss!

Just kidding. I miss Mardy winning.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
mardy:hug:
:drink:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Fee said:
I think most of you know that I'm not really a Mardy fan, but in case you didn't see it in that GM thread, I did speak to Scott Humphries on the first day of the USO (we were staying in the same hotel, but I only saw Mardy there once or twice). Scott told me that Mardy had done some off-court work during his time away this summer and that he had lost some weight (he guessed about 10 pounds). He said that it was now about matches and confidence, getting back into the groove, etc. There is a little bit of soreness in his wrist, so there is a teeny tiny mental block for Mardy, but nothing much really. Anyway, here is the US Challenger schedule for the rest of the year:

Sept 19th - Lubbock, TX
Sept 26th - Tulsa, OK
Oct 10th - Sacramento, CA (I'll be at this one)
Oct 17th - Calabasas, CA
Oct 24th - TBA
Oct 31st - Boston, MA
Nov 7th - Nashville, TN
Nov 14th - Urbana, IL

Lots of opportunites for him to pick up points before the AO entry cutoff.
thanks fee :]

go mardy :drink:

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
Thanks Fee.. At least he made good use of his time by working out! Good luck to Mardy on the challenger circuit and I hope he manages to get his confidence back and get into main draws of tournaments where he should be!!

1 - 20 of 167 Posts