Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The "looking for a schnitzel but a title is alright too" vienna cheering thread

i feel bored and as it is said, he'll play in vienna his next tournament, i though i could make a thread for it
as always - if you have a better title, tell me and i will change it ;)

a SF is very very good and surely more than we had expected after the first round loss at the USOpen and after the draw came out - which wasn't really good :)
you can blame nobody for losing against rafa, the nr 2 of the world and top seed at beijing
:bowdown: thus we can be very proud of jc
as he is now in the top 20 - reach your goal, and the top 15 :woohoo:

good luck in vienna :)
(it starts on october 10th i think :scratch: )

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Re: The "we're proud of you being in the SF - but we want more" vienna cheering thread

:woohoo: JC!!
I didn't have especially high aspirations for Beijing but certainly theres no shame in losing to Rafa. Well said, Corinna :yeah: :)

Soooo, on to better things ie finals/WINNING. YES. WIN. :bounce:

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: The "we're proud of you being in the SF - but we want more" vienna cheering thread

thanks sarah :hug:
1 Nadal, Rafael ESP 2
2 Coria, Guillermo ARG 8
3 Gaudio, Gaston ARG 9
4 Nalbandian, David ARG 11
5 Stepanek, Radek CZE 18
6 Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 19
7 Robredo, Tommy ESP 21
8 Lopez, Feliciano ESP 22
9 Ferrero, Juan Carlos ESP 22
10 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 23
11 Novak, Jiri CZE 25
12 Haas, Tommy GER 31
13 Moya, Carlos ESP 33
14 Berdych, Tomas CZE 34
15 Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 35
16 Melzer, Jürgen AUT 41
17 Mello, Ricardo BRA 56
18 Zib, Tomas CZE 60
19 Wawrinka, Stanislas SUI 62
20 Horna, Luis PER 63
21 Calleri, Agustin ARG 67
22 Seppi, Andreas ITA 69
23 Kim, Kevin USA 70
24 Minar, Ivo CZE 77

Alternates
1. Monaco, Juan ARG 80
2. Lapentti, Nicolas ECU 83
3. Vik, Robin CZE 84
4. Koubek, Stefan AUT 85
5. Bracciali, Daniele ITA 87
6. Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 88
7. Behrend, Tomas GER 89
8. Burgsmuller, Lars GER 90
9. Clement, Arnaud FRA 91
10. Popp, Alexander GER 91
11. Vanek, Jiri CZE 92
12. Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 93
13. Karlovic, Ivo CRO 94
14. Almagro, Nicolas ESP 95
15. Gimelstob, Justin USA 96

nadal :eek: again
he already bet coria on hardcourt, right? nalby too...gaudio on clay :scratch:

·
Registered
21,729 Posts

Corinna said:
...nadal :eek: again
he already bet coria on hardcourt, right? nalby too...gaudio on clay :scratch:
Well I was at that match where he beat Coria on hardcourt and although Juanqui showed flashes of his 2003 brilliance, that win cannot be overstated...Guille was almost tanking. And beyond the top seeds, this tournament has a very tough field of hard-core hardcourters :p .

I wish he was playing something before this one...

·
Registered
4,514 Posts

I thought he was playing in Italy the week after DC

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

leigh said:
I thought he was playing in Italy the week after DC
He's playing in Italy DURING the Davis Cup.
It's a shame he isn't playing the week after though. He wouldn't have had to travel far to get from Naples to Palermo.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

MissFairy said:
:woohoo: JC!!
I didn't have especially high aspirations for Beijing but certainly theres no shame in losing to Rafa. Well said, Corinna :yeah: :)

Soooo, on to better things ie finals/WINNING. YES. WIN. :bounce:
There's no shame in loosing to Rafa but it was still a bit frustrating to watch. JC should have taken his chances better. When he hit a good shot, he let Rafa get back into the point instead of coming to the net and finishing him off. I hope JC and his coach notice this.

Next year, I really want to see JC give Rafa a good game.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

Why wait until next year? I want a win this year!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Re: The "we're proud of you being in the SF - but we want more" vienna cheering threa

Jimnik said:
He's playing in Italy DURING the Davis Cup.
It's a shame he isn't playing the week after though. He wouldn't have had to travel far to get from Naples to Palermo.

:confused: Davis Cup is on 23-25 Sep.... Palermo starts on 26 Sep... :confused:

·
Registered
12,744 Posts

Jimnik said:
There's no shame in loosing to Rafa but it was still a bit frustrating to watch. JC should have taken his chances better. When he hit a good shot, he let Rafa get back into the point instead of coming to the net and finishing him off. I hope JC and his coach notice this.

Next year, I really want to see JC give Rafa a good game.
Totally agree with you. :yeah: Juan should go up to the net more and take points more quickly.He is not like Nadal that strong. :sad: He always stays on the baseline and plays good rallies,but he runs out of gas fianlly. :bigcry: And SF is not a bad result for him,but if he wants to be on the top,at least he should take one title.Nadal is on this list,to be honest Juan maybe loses to him again,I just hope Tomas to beat him again so mcuh. :boxing:

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i wonder why he doesn't play in palermo :shrug:
will he surely be playing in the daviscup - i mean, will he play singles :shrug:
there should be no problem, when he plays in palermo....he would need the points

·
Registered
21,729 Posts

I said I wish he was playing something before this one...and he heard me! According to the Palermo Entry List thread, it is confirmed that Juanqui will get a WC in Palermo! :) New thread pls, Corinna. ;)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=48669&page=2&pp=15

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

:lol: i think it is already done by somebody else :p

·
Registered
12,744 Posts

Craptains probably won't pick him to play both single and doubles,but do I care that much?So I won't cheer for Spain. :nerner:
He is very clever this time. :yeah: He won't win easily in that torunament,but at least there are no Federer and Clay Federer.

·
Registered
25,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: The "we're proud of you being in the SF - but we want more" vienna cheering threa

RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR said:
Craptains probably won't pick him to play both single and doubles,but do I care that much?So I won't cheer for Spain. :nerner:
He is very clever this time. :yeah: He won't win easily in that torunament,but at least there are no Federer and Clay Federer.
:woohoo: 2 chances to win a tourny before madrid, right? :angel:
he should take at least one of them
the more easy one would be the first tournament in palermo :)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

Someone better kill Ferrer though, I mean I like him, but he needs to go down 1st round.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
Someone better kill Ferrer though, I mean I like him, but he needs to go down 1st round.
They've met 3 times on hard courts but never on clay.
I'd like to think JC might have the edge on clay.
But yes they seem to always have very close :scared: matches.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Juanqui Lover said:
Someone better kill Ferrer though...
I'll take care of that tonight... :devil:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts

:lol:

1 - 20 of 255 Posts