Mens Tennis Forums banner

2141 - 2160 of 2198 Posts

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
A small (I hope) request

Hello "Slasher", I'm "duong", who used to be active in menstennisforums' rankings threads a few years ago, I wish you a happy new year in 2019 and all the best and especially a good health. I tried to send you a message on your OER website but it didn't work then I send it here. I'm very grateful for what you've kept on doing for all those years, always doing better and better for the rankings calculations.

I'm still following the rankings with my excel file which is nothing compared to yours, but I still like to update it myself. And then I check if I'm correct by comparing to yours. I do it especially in the train going to work and back home, which means that I'm offline. Hence what I do miss with your new version : I would be very grateful to you (or those helping you) if it was possible to get an excel version of the Official Race rankings on your website, I'm grateful for the excel version of the official rankings but I would really love to have the same for the Race rankings (possibly in the same excel file as the rankings, as it used to be in your previous files I did get by Onedrive). If you may add it to all of the things you're adding every day, I would be very grateful. Thanks for everything and best wishes, "duong"

·
Rankings Master
15,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,142
Re: A small (I hope) request

Hello "Slasher", I'm "duong", who used to be active in menstennisforums' rankings threads a few years ago, I wish you a happy new year in 2019 and all the best and especially a good health. I tried to send you a message on your OER website but it didn't work then I send it here. I'm very grateful for what you've kept on doing for all those years, always doing better and better for the rankings calculations.

I'm still following the rankings with my excel file which is nothing compared to yours, but I still like to update it myself. And then I check if I'm correct by comparing to yours. I do it especially in the train going to work and back home, which means that I'm offline. Hence what I do miss with your new version : I would be very grateful to you (or those helping you) if it was possible to get an excel version of the Official Race rankings on your website, I'm grateful for the excel version of the official rankings but I would really love to have the same for the Race rankings (possibly in the same excel file as the rankings, as it used to be in your previous files I did get by Onedrive). If you may add it to all of the things you're adding every day, I would be very grateful. Thanks for everything and best wishes, "duong"
That, NextGen and ITF will have their offline version, hopefully soon. Thanks for sticking up all these years, I miss your input from time to time. Have a great 2019!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Is there anywhere I can see the offical ATP rankings prior to 1984? The ATP wesbite have recently added more ranking dates in the early 80's but there still apears to be quite a bit missing.

Is there also anywhere I get can the PDF for past rankings?

·
Rankings Master
15,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,144
Is there anywhere I can see the offical ATP rankings prior to 1984? The ATP wesbite have recently added more ranking dates in the early 80's but there still apears to be quite a bit missing.

Is there also anywhere I get can the PDF for past rankings?
OER has 1979-1984. They are repaired, but you won't find anything closer to the original. They will have some edits now that I have received some excellent Satellite help, I will strive to recover all data lost from that dark time.

·
Rankings Master
15,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,146
Seems to me like this project is dropping in popularity and I was thinking that one thing that needs doing is to disconnect it from MTF and run without any connection, support or link to MTF. That could also probably stop me from wanting to post as well, but alas, I don't post much these days.

Reasons
- Posters don't seem to care there is a link on the top bar.
- There is a lot of appreciation coming from a huge number of posters. But they are quietly enjoying it, rarely defend it and even more rare, they promote it. They won't be affected by moving out of MTF. They can enjoy it in the same manner.
- This should stop the hate messages I get whenever I post anything that I am somewhat superior because I do my 'stat' thing and that I somehow expect worshipping. Again, OER is online, loyal users will be unaffected.
- I keep coming back here to post thinking that somebody needs help but all I usually get is being treated like an enemy and an arrogant bastard, so yup, everyone wins.

With this, I kindly request Mods to close and unstick this thread and talk to VS to take down the top link.

See you around.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Seems to me like this project is dropping in popularity and I was thinking that one thing that needs doing is to disconnect it from MTF and run without any connection, support or link to MTF. That could also probably stop me from wanting to post as well, but alas, I don't post much these days.

Reasons
- Posters don't seem to care there is a link on the top bar.
- There is a lot of appreciation coming from a huge number of posters. But they are quietly enjoying it, rarely defend it and even more rare, they promote it. They won't be affected by moving out of MTF. They can enjoy it in the same manner.
- This should stop the hate messages I get whenever I post anything that I am somewhat superior because I do my 'stat' thing and that I somehow expect worshipping. Again, OER is online, loyal users will be unaffected.
- I keep coming back here to post thinking that somebody needs help but all I usually get is being treated like an enemy and an arrogant bastard, so yup, everyone wins.

With this, I kindly request Mods to close and unstick this thread and talk to VS to take down the top link.

See you around.
:frown2:

I was looking forward to your update GOAT list .... it was not updated as of July ....

·
Rankings Master
15,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,148
:frown2:

I was looking forward to your update GOAT list .... it was not updated as of July ....
I got even more hate messages for that bloody list. What started as a fun project became a mess of insults like I was the antiChrist. Don't expect any more putting up with that. GOAT List, OER on MTF are done. Find your new future.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
After Rafa withdrawal, Novak clinched 256 weeks at No1, and is 220 points away to clinch 259 weeks.

All this under an assumption that Roger doesn’t sweep the clay season ...

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Denis should hit the top 20 this coming Monday.
Yes he will .. also 14th in the live race at the moment

·
Registered
639 Posts
I got even more hate messages for that bloody list. What started as a fun project became a mess of insults like I was the antiChrist. Don't expect any more putting up with that. GOAT List, OER on MTF are done. Find your new future.
Hi @Slasher1985,

Will you be able to create a provisional ATP and WTA rankings according to the latest changes?
https://www.itftennis.com/news/305825.aspx

Thank you very much for your efforts!

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Hi @Slasher1985,

Will you be able to create a provisional ATP and WTA rankings according to the latest changes?
https://www.itftennis.com/news/305825.aspx

Thank you very much for your efforts!
Hi Slasher,

I love your OER site. Awesome work! I noticed there is a glitch on OER right now with Molleker showing as losing in the Q3 round and Giraldo qualifying for the main draw when it should be the other way around.

Regards,

-David

ATP Open Era & Live Rankings

Slasher live ranking page is still working but it is not maintained (as far as I know). Check the post on the top of this page for more info --> https://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/236585-live-atp-rankings-thread-144.html#post40795828

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
A wonderful scene .... 6000 points advantage and more points than Roger and Rafa together before RG

·
23,006 Posts
Big update for OERankings, where you can now do personal accounts (HTTPS protected now) where you can then have player notifications, personal filters, sorting, and view the side table for the new last minute rules with ATP points for ITF tournaments.

2141 - 2160 of 2198 Posts