Mens Tennis Forums banner

2401 - 2420 of 2427 Posts

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
The way too sticky price stickers they put on cheap things that you have to grind off with your fingernails, then your nails split and keep splitting for all of eternity in the same spot

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Suvs hogging the road making it impossible for anyone driving an enviromentally responsible car to see anything, also slowing down traffic with their bus-like manoevers

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Did you manage to get someone to fix your AC?
Yes, but it took them two days to fit it. They didn't have the part they needed to fit it the first day they came out. This is life in the US now :sad: :facepalm: On your post I clicked on edit instead of quote so I think my brain is still fried from all the heat!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
And my air condition is broke again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The US has gone to the dogs--no offense meant to dogs!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I am not going to be annoyed much longer. My air condition system is being put in. It didn't get finished today, but will be completed tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Open the windows!!
There's nothing out there accept hot air! A pioneer traveling across the country in a cover wagon I could never have been!

Actually I should just be thankful it's only air conditioning problems. A lot of the US is flooded with tornadoes all over the place. Not to mention the usual deadly shootings that go on. The US is not in a good place at all and yet people are running over our border trying to get in! They don't know unless you are ultra rich the American Dream is dead.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
There's nothing out there accept hot air! A pioneer traveling across the country in a cover wagon I could never have been!

Actually I should just be thankful it's only air conditioning problems. A lot of the US is flooded with tornadoes all over the place. Not to mention the usual deadly shootings that go on. The US is not in a good place at all and yet people are running over our border trying to get in! They don't know unless you are ultra rich the American Dream is dead.
Surely you get wind? Opening windows can create an airflow :shrug:

We've had lots of rain recently - no tornadoes though, thankfully.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Surely you get wind? Opening windows can create an airflow :shrug:

We've had lots of rain recently - no tornadoes though, thankfully.
We don't get much in the way of wind unless a storm is on it's way. We have had rain, but no storms. We also can have high a lot of times very high humidity. The rain cooled the temperature and humidity down which was the thing that saved me from melting. Also I just don't like windows opened because there isn't a window screen small enough to keep out all the insects. I don't know if England has the West Nile Virus or not? It is transmitted by mosquitoes. Even the insects are out to get us in the US.

Also the news in the US is awful, if you get passed all the bad weather reports, mass shooting, there is all sorts of domestic violence--really awful stuff like husband and wives killing each other, parents killing children, children killing their parents, parents leaving babies in hot cars leading to the babies death, sex abuse both in a family and non family setting, human trafficking also both inside and outside a family setting, all the drug related violence, honestly about the only good news is when the police make a large drug bust :facepalm:

·
6,105 Posts
I have air conditioning :woohoo: I'm finally no longer annoyed!
So do I.
But when you have to go to bed early for shift work, and the rest of the household keeps the fully ducted aircon on (summer or winter), then you do get annoyed by it.
It literally smokes me out of my room in winter, and have to put blankets on in summer.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
So do I.
But when you have to go to bed early for shift work, and the rest of the household keeps the fully ducted aircon on (summer or winter), then you do get annoyed by it.
It literally smokes me out of my room in winter, and have to put blankets on in summer.
Sorry for you and now sorry for me. I always forget to be careful for what I wish for because I just might get it. The US had used what is commonly called freon for years and years in A/C units. But due to environmental concerns it is being replaced with another coolant. Oh gee I'm in favor of helping the environmental, but the new coolant makes your living area feel like you are living in an igloo. Which isn't what I had in mind at all :sad: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Now I'm just thankful I have AC because it is so hot now! In the 90's F for the actual temperature and as the weather people call it the "real feel" (temperature plus humidity) is in the 100's :eek:

2401 - 2420 of 2427 Posts