Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not just he won today Roland Garros. He also won against Djokovic in Rome in the final and he also easily has won against Federer in the semifinal. Of course both wins you could expect because Djokovic was obvious (a little bit) tired at Rome but I think Rafa has now a bigger edge on clay than he had before against Djokovic. So it's also a good sign for next season on clay.

His win against Federer was nothing special because he won always against him in Roland Garros. But anyway it's good for him to have another win against Roger. It could be an advantage for him for example in the US Open. In Wimbledon I still see the advantage for Roger.

Of course he has some outside chances in Wimbledon if the draw opens. But his main focus should be on the US Open this year. He shouldn't play to much before and he will have his chances there.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Indeed!
What strikes me about it is he beat his two main rivals who had previously beat him--Djok in a crushing defeat AO (Nadal beat him back with equall one-sideness) and Fed who had his way with Nadal on the HCs.
And won RG again dropping only two sets on the way.
That speaks of almost total dominance.

He just needs to not get injured.
Same story whole career.
Those who think he can't win another slam off clay are deluded. So close at Wimb last year. Wimb of all places!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Indeed!
What strikes me about it is he beat his two main rivals who had previously beat him--Djok in a crushing defeat AO (Nadal beat him back with equall one-sideness) and Fed who had his way with Nadal on the HCs.
And won RG again dropping only two sets on the way.
That speaks of almost total dominance.

He just needs to not get injured.
Same story whole career.
Those who think he can't win another slam off clay are deluded. So close at Wimb last year. Wimb of all places!!
Well said! Also beating Thiem who won his last match against him (Barcelona). So in the last few weeks Nadal has beaten the other 3 guys in the top 4!!!

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
This one is surely the last one. There is no other way.
Unless he keeps and even improve his BHCC (it has been devastating, obviously prepared for Novak and not so effective against the FH of Dominic) and gets back his peak serve.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
This one is surely the last one. There is no other way.
Unless he keeps and even improve his BHCC (it has been devastating, obviously prepared for Novak and not so effective against the FH of Dominic) and gets back his peak serve.
One would think posters like you would have learnt by now.
He is as dominant as ever at RG. No-one came close to even troubling him. Dropped two sets whole tournament!
So why would this be his last one?

tsk tsk

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
His wins against Djokovic at Rome and Thiem yesterday were partially due to favorable scheduling, sorry to break it to you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was also very impressed how he beat dead tired Djokovic in Rome final and tired Thiem in RG final. And the demolition of nearly 38 yo Federer was nothing we've ever seen before in their previous meetings in Paris when Nadal was beating a lot younger Federer. Nadal haters should just shut up and admire his greatness!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts