GO JAMES! :D

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
pluck that chicken James!!!!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
James won it, with a break in the 1st and a close tiebreak in the second set. He's playing some great tennis, as I watch a tape of the tiebreak :)

YAY JAMES!!! I hope you see Juanqui in the 2RD :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Woohoo!
The tv was kind enough to show a little part of the match (last points of the tiebreak). Very thrilling play for James. And he was so happy and enthusiastic about every point won! :D

Way to go Blake! :)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
James played a very thrilling match against Juan Carlos Ferrero in the second round, unfortunately letting his frustration get in his way there at the end (though I was relieved Juanqui won it myself :eek:) James's serve was really cooking in the third set and he was toe to toe with Ferrero in the rallies until he dumped the ball in the net or pushed it wide.

Let's face it, he couldn't have lost to a nicer opponent. And he played a great match, he's really coming along. I'm excited to see what progress he makes before the US Open.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
He just lacked a bit of consistency. He would hit a genious ball and then sink it all in the net right after. But he was indeed playing very well.
Juan Carlos won because he was playing very well and he was a lot more consisntent.
James needs to be a little more patient and chose better his shots. That done and he will be even better. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go James!

I just joined here and was looking around and found this thread. James is doing great in doubles this week with Todd Martin, but alas, ESPN refuses to show it on TV. Oh well - they are playing Cyril Suk and Martin Damm today in the semifinals right after Carlos Moya and JC play.

- Stomps
~~~
http://www.stomps.org/Blakes/
Blake Brothers Online
~~~

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I love these smileys!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Well done, James and Todd!
Congrats! :bounce:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
And it just keeps getting better :eek:

James just beat Agassi 6-4 6-4 !! :D

This has to be one of the biggest wins of his carreer - I'd be surprised if he didn't say it WAS the biggest :D

Now he plays Paradorn in the finals :D

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/news/news10001.asp

Blake: "The strategy today was always to be on the aggressive side. The change-over at 5-2 in the second set was the longest change-over of my life just thinking of the fact that I could actually beat Andre and I was just thinking to stay on the aggressive side and if you lose you've got no regrets."
"To actually win that match, you'd never think it was possible when you're a kid. You grow up watching him win the French Open, Wimbledon, US Open, every single one and to know I can play on this level it's amazing. I don't know ho to describe that feeling to beat someone that accomplished."
"I definitely have a different strategy playing Paradorn, he doesn't play the same way Andre does. I'll look back when I've played him before see where I've had some success and figure that out for tomorrow."

1 - 20 of 220 Posts