Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
From the interview that Chris posted:

【Media: What do you think is the essence of Huawei's management philosophy?】

Ren: Huawei has no philosophy. Personally, I have never studied philosophy or carefully read any philosophy book.
AMAZING statement. The Chinese Communist Party should be renamed to Chinese Mercantilist Party.

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
I think he misunderstood the question due to the various meanings of philosophy, it's not like reading Confucius or Sun Tzu is required for a company to have a philosophy :lol:

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I think he misunderstood the question due to the various meanings of philosophy, it's not like reading Confucius or Sun Tzu is required for a company to have a philosophy :lol:
Both the question and the answer are concocted in advance to show that the company is global and has nothing to do with politics. It is a message for you in the West, not for the Chinese.

So, I think he both perfectly understood the question and caught the spirit of the time and place.

As I said in one of the previous posts, they don't study Marx or Lenin at all. They produce engineers and managers and are starting to invest more in R&D. You will find more true communists in New York City than the entire mainland China. Now I realize they also have tons and tons of small private businesses in China. Entrepreneurship and fiercest competition rule among them.

·
RAVE ON
18,075 Posts

I'm afraid you're starting to lose it a bit, old chap. Also, can you believe those mendacious Chinese are allowing him to praise U.S. enterprises in state media?
I am not losing anything. They are all "media" from organs of the Chinese Communist Party. Where was the NYT and the The Times?

Fake News. As ssin said, it is just scripted propaganda for you and abraxas to lap up.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
The Peoples’s Daily!

Then it must be true! LOL
Are you saying that the interview is not true just because it was published in a Chinese newspaper? You could disagree, dispute the answers or even assess that the questions were charged to one side but to suggest that a whole interview is not true makes no sense at all.
Of course it is true, proper production meant for consumption by domestic obedient patriotic cattle. Maybe for you too.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
As I said in one of the previous posts, they don't study Marx or Lenin at all. They produce engineers and managers and are starting to invest more in R&D. You will find more true communists in New York .
Just wait for some economic trouble, and you'll see the true colors of Chinese elite. They'll be back to methods of Cultural Revolution sooner than you think.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts

I'm afraid you're starting to lose it a bit, old chap. Also, can you believe those mendacious Chinese are allowing him to praise U.S. enterprises in state media?
I'm afraid there's more you all have got to understand about the Chinese culture to have a grasp of the situation. It's more than bits of news you can find on the internet.

Huawei CEO is a business man. Of course he's not going to criticize the US, since he wants to do business with them and enter their market. There is a tactic commonly used by the Chinese government in dealing with their enemies....they are not going to engage in "face-to-face battles" lightly, they usually try to form alliance with the other enemies of the enemy, because there's a Chinese saying that "The enemies of your enemy are your friends", and when the enemy realised it's isolated, it's forced to yield to China. In the whole process China maintains a "good face" to the outside world, because that's how you form an alliance with other parties.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
I am not losing anything. They are all "media" from organs of the Chinese Communist Party. Where was the NYT and the The Times?

Fake News. As ssin said, it is just scripted propaganda for you and abraxas to lap up.
First you disputed that the interview even took place because you couldn't even see the journalist's name. Now that it was shown to you that with video evidence that it did and that the reporters' names where also shown you're claiming this?

Maybe you can just concede you were wrong and move on.

As ssin said, it is just scripted propaganda for you and abraxas to lap up.
While I don't agree with everything ssin said, he never actually said that. Funny for you to make a statement like in the context of denouncing "fake news".

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
From the interview that Chris posted:

AMAZING statement. The Chinese Communist Party should be renamed to Chinese Mercantilist Party.
Huawei's CEO does not speak for the Chinese Communist Party. You know this but it's easier to make it sound like it is to make your case. That said, Chinese Communism has embraced several aspects of capitalism for decades now. It's certainly not a real communist system by any stretch of imagination.

As for the answer, I actually reckon it wasn't the best one. Company managers would typically refer to the company's vision and mission. I googled it up for Huawei and the first result is this: "In an age defined by greatness, Huawei aspires to become a great company. We want to help mankind take its next step forward," he said. "This is the basis of our new vision and mission: Bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.". IMO, something along those lines would have been a much better reply. Then again, it's all secondary in the overall context of unfounded (because they're in fact unfounded unless proven to be factual) acccusations against the company.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I'm afraid there's more you all have got to understand about the Chinese culture to have a grasp of the situation. It's more than bits of news you can find on the internet.

Huawei CEO is a business man. Of course he's not going to criticize the US, since he wants to do business with them and enter their market. There is a tactic commonly used by the Chinese government in dealing with their enemies....they are not going to engage in "face-to-face battles" lightly, they usually try to form alliance with the other enemies of the enemy, because there's a Chinese saying that "The enemies of your enemy are your friends", and when the enemy realised it's isolated, it's forced to yield to China. In the whole process China maintains a "good face" to the outside world, because that's how you form an alliance with other parties.
No disrespect but you make it sound like you're offering a big insight on Chinese culture when in point of fact what you describe is in a way natural and expectable.

Not because Huawei's CEO is Chinese, simply because there is no point in antagonizing with American companies which are simply responding the US regulations.

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
Both the question and the answer are concocted in advance to show that the company is global and has nothing to do with politics. It is a message for you in the West, not for the Chinese.

So, I think he both perfectly understood the question and caught the spirit of the time and place.

As I said in one of the previous posts, they don't study Marx or Lenin at all. They produce engineers and managers and are starting to invest more in R&D. You will find more true communists in New York City than the entire mainland China. Now I realize they also have tons and tons of small private businesses in China. Entrepreneurship and fiercest competition rule among them.
There are 100 million members of the Chinese Communist Party, to claim they aren't very familiar with Marxist theory and practice is, uhm, bizarre. Although Ren Zhengfei couldn't join the party under Mao because his dad was a ''capitalist roader'' :lol:

But I agree that among the general population there is too much liberalism, they could use some more of what you would call ''communist brainwashing'' there ;)

Well, if you want to hear him say the exact same things but in Western media, be my guest :spit:

·
RAVE ON
18,075 Posts
First you disputed that the interview even took place because you couldn't even see the journalist's name. Now that it was shown to you that with video evidence that it did and that the reporters' names where also shown you're claiming this?

Maybe you can just concede you were wrong and move on.

I’m not conceding anything. Anyone with an iota of common sense would realize that an "interview" where all the questions are asked by media organs of the Chinese Communist Party is not actually an interview. It is a performance piece for you to lap up.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I’m not conceding anything. Anyone with an iota of common sense would realize that an "interview" where all the questions are asked by media organs of the Chinese Communist Party is not actually an interview. It is a performance piece for you to lap up.
Actually, you are. By accussing the interview of being scripted (with no basis whatsoever) you're implictly conceding that the interview existed, something you even disputed before.

You should know that there's another recent interview of Huawei's CEO conducted by Bloomberg in which he said he'd be the first to protest any Chinese relatiation on Apple going on to show his praise for the company. Guess that didn't take place either or if it did it was scripted too. After all, you can never be too sure with those Communists at Bloomberg, right?

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
You should know that there's another recent interview of Huawei's CEO conducted by Bloomberg in which he said he'd be the first to protest any Chinese relatiation on Apple going on to show his praise for the company. Guess that didn't take place either or if it did it was scripted too. After all, you can never be too sure with those Communists at Bloomberg, right?
You never know whose money and where are at play and for what cause.
The only difference is that in China all media are in unison of being pro-CPC. In USA there are two media camps - pto-Trump and anti-Trump. None of them is anything close to concept of free media though.
Now, think of where in this all spectrum Bloomberg belongs to and project its interest and position from there in relation to China. Everything easily falls into places.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Marco Rubio: "Everybody spies on everybody, I mean that’s just a fact.” NSA Spied on Chinese Government and Networking Firm (the article was written in 2014)

" But the NSA made a special effort to target Huawei. With 150,000 employees and €28 billion ($38.6 billion) in annual revenues, the company is the world's second largest network equipment supplier. At the beginning of 2009, the NSA began an extensive operation, referred to internally as "Shotgiant," against the company, which is considered a major competitor to US-based Cisco. The company produces smartphones and tablets, but also mobile phone infrastructure, WLAN routers and fiber optic cable -- the kind of technology that is decisive in the NSA's battle for data supremacy.

A special unit with the US intelligence agency succeeded in infiltrating Huwaei's network and copied a list of 1,400 customers as well as internal documents providing training to engineers on the use of Huwaei products, among other things.

Source Code Breached

According to a top secret NSA presentation, NSA workers not only succeeded in accessing the email archive, but also the secret source code of individual Huwaei products. Software source code is the holy grail of computer companies. Because Huawei directed all mail traffic from its employees through a central office in Shenzhen, where the NSA had infiltrated the network, the Americans were able to read a large share of the email sent by company workers beginning in January 2009, including messages from company CEO Ren Zhengfei and Chairwoman Sun Yafang.

"We currently have good access and so much data that we don't know what to do with it," states one internal document. As justification for targeting the company, an NSA document claims that "many of our targets communicate over Huawei produced products, we want to make sure that we know how to exploit these products." The agency also states concern that "Huawei's widespread infrastructure will provide the PRC (People's Republic of China) with SIGINT capabilities." SIGINT is agency jargon for signals intelligence. The documents do not state whether the agency found information indicating that to be the case.

The operation was conducted with the involvement of the White House intelligence coordinator and the FBI. One document states that the threat posed by Huawei is "unique".

The agency also stated in a document that "the intelligence community structures are not suited for handling issues that combine economic, counterintelligence, military influence and telecommunications infrastructure from one entity."

Fears of Chinese Influence on the Net

The agency notes that understanding how the firm operates will pay dividends in the future. In the past, the network infrastructure business has been dominated by Western firms, but the Chinese are working to make American and Western firms "less relevant". That Chinese push is beginning to open up technology standards that were long determined by US companies, and China is controlling an increasing amount of the flow of information on the net."

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/nsa-spied-on-chinese-government-and-networking-firm-huawei-a-960199.html

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
Marco Rubio "Everybody spies on everybody, I mean that’s just a fact.” NSA Spied on Chinese Government and Networking Firm (the article was written in 2014)
"Everybody spies on everybody":

Isn't it true to a large extent? Even Obama admitted their government spied on Angela Merkel's mobile phone. What about facebook leaked clients' information? What about Snowden's claims that the American government spied on its own citizens? Of course no one gonna say anything. You know, Americans are just experts on building up a "good" image, being so "liberal", "tolerant", "open", "righteous".......... :laugh2:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

Isn't it true to a large extent? Even Obama admitted their government spied on Angela Merkel's mobile phone. What about facebook leaked clients' information? What about Snowden's claims that the American government spied on its own citizens? Of course no one gonna say anything. You know, Americans are just experts on building up a "good" image, being so "liberal", "tolerant", "open", "righteous".......... :laugh2:
It has also come to my attention how blunt Trump is in his disregard for the rule of law. In the conflict with China alone he has suggested using Huawei's CFO as a bargaining chip in the trade war, directly eroding whatever trust there was in the American judiciary system, which was supposed to be independant of the president. And recently he went on to say that the whole company, the same he has accused countless times of being "very dangerous" and represing a security threat, could be included in a trade deal. If Huawei is so dangerous, how come you're willing to risk your national security just to have better trade terms?

Past US presidents at least tried to maintain a certain facade of respect for free trade and rule of law. In this day and age though the emperor truly has no clothes.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts

You know, Americans are just experts on building up a "good" image, being so "liberal", "tolerant", "open", "righteous".......... :laugh2:
That's mostly for internal consumption. They need to explain to their own citizens why yet another cold/hot war is nesessarry.

·
Registered
24,693 Posts
The Trump government desperately wants to shut down Huawei completely, to the extent that they even interrupted their incoming/outgoing correspondences. Fedex is their new "servant". Two parcels from Tokyo to Huawei/China on 19 & 20 May were "diverted" to Fedex's head office in Tenessy. Two parcels sent from Vietnam to Huawei's office in Singapore/HK were stopped and to be delivered to usa instead because of "delivery exception". I wonder whether what the people will say, if these were done by China to Amercian corporations? :scratch:

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
All US needs to do now is to provoke China into real escalation, be it retaliatory ban for say Apple, or rare earth restriction, or something in South China sea.
As soon as China feels humiliated enough to do something from above list, it's mission accomplished for US. As it will be a pretext strong enough to rally allies all over the world against maoist cancer.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts