·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Re: The Hobbit

What is this new wizardry ?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
As a book, the Hobbit was much better than LOTR in my opinion.

Hoping that the movie will follow that pattern :yeah:. Thanks for the link to the trailer!

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
They dispensed with most of the songs and poems in Lord of the Rings in the film versions. It would be a good thing if they did the same here.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
As a book, the Hobbit was much better than LOTR in my opinion.
Not sure about this. Hobbit was written as a fairy-tale for children, while LoTR is meant for adults.
I have read "Hobbit" when I was 12 and it really sucked, I have marked this book down as a very infantile and naive story , hopefully the movie will be different.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For other obsessives interested people, these are worth watching:

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Not sure about this. Hobbit was written as a fairy-tale for children, while LoTR is meant for adults.
I have read "Hobbit" when I was 12 and it really sucked, I have marked this book down as a very infantile and naive story , hopefully the movie will be different.
I agree with this. Except I read the Hobbit as a senior in high school. It is definitely a children's book and except for the Gollum chapter the rest of the book is crap.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
I'm one of those people who didn't really like the book either. Mind you it's one of the only books I've actually finished so I don't actually know how I got all the way through it. :confused:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
LoTR is a kids' fairytale trying to appeal to wider audience IMO. There was nothing great about it...I wish they made a movie based on the Forgotten Realms universe, LoTR is pretty overrated tbh...

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
I kinda preferred LOTR to Hobbit .But LOTR is a great book and really well written .

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Not sure about this. Hobbit was written as a fairy-tale for children, while LoTR is meant for adults. I have read "Hobbit" when I was 12 and it really sucked, I have marked this book down as a very infantile and naive story , hopefully the movie will be different.
Which explains why Lopez prefers The Hobbit. :eek:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I agree with this. Except I read the Hobbit as a senior in high school. It is definitely a children's book and except for the Gollum chapter the rest of the book is crap.
Well I did read them both when I was young so :p. Might be the reason. Should probably try to read them again.

Hobbit hasn't gotten great reviews here, just normal 3/5. It might have been a mistake to make it in three parts. Will probably see it though, the movie will be well-made if nothing else. For me, LOTR was more impressive in the costumes and settings etc. than in storytelling.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Fuck reviews, I mean reviews say movies like The Hunger Games are good when in reality I know i'm speaking for quite a few people when I say it's hugely overrated shit.

Comes out tomorrow here but will have to find someone to go see it with, everyone I know isn't interested in seeing it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,547 Posts
I literally am :bounce:

SO STOKED.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fuck reviews, I mean reviews say movies like The Hunger Games are good when in reality I know i'm speaking for quite a few people when I say it's hugely overrated shit.
:hearts:

Hunger Games books were decent but the film was garbage.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts