Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mardy and James deserve their own thread. I don't know exactly what to say, but I wanted to make this. :p

Fill this with pictures/results/complaints/whatever. Or just use it to express your love for our dearest Flake.

They are currently up a set on Arthurs/Hanley, but they are down a break. Hopefully they can win this one. I'm still amazing that they won the other night.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They aren't bad at all. They just make for an interesting doubles team. But that's why we love them.

Now it's 1 set a piece. Oy.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
They're a very good team, actually. They just don't play that often (though they're playing a lot this year, so far). I saw them win their Houston title last year and I saw all the matches. They communicate well and because they both have pretty decent all-around games, they're tough. I saw them take out Knowles/Nestor in this fantastic match with a third set TB. They have real potential to be a successful team, they just have to play more :)

·
85,829 Posts
Yea... but dont forget, Arthurs/Hanley are a top top doubles team, and Arthurs is playing the tennis of his life. it's not an embarrassing or bad loss by any means. I hope they stick with it and get a WC into Miami too :) If nothing else, it might help their singles games, too.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Debstah said:
Yea... but dont forget, Arthurs/Hanley are a top top doubles team, and Arthurs is playing the tennis of his life. it's not an embarrassing or bad loss by any means. I hope they stick with it and get a WC into Miami too :) If nothing else, it might help their singles games, too.
yea, i guess they played pretty well to the #1 doubles team. they got a set from them, and their not even seeded. i'm proud of team flake

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
i'd have put this in the team usa bit coz then more of the james fans would see it too! but hey ho!

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
they are a great team, shame they had to face arthurs and hanley!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
They are a great doubles team. It would be good if they played doubles more often. I think it would help Mardy's confidence alot.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
i heart flake :hearts: them...their game...yeah i love it!

lauren good thread :hug:

im glad theyre playing more together, it'll help them in their singles :) but i hope they dont concentrate too much on it, after all they're single players

give it up for...TEAM FLAKE! :bigclap:

okay this one isnt them playing, but look how cute they look pretending their baseball players :lol:

yeahhh....

i agree, Kellerer, look at them, cutest ATP gay couple award maybe?

FLAKE ROCK

okay..im done :)

·
85,829 Posts
I have lots of flake pics, since I saw all their matches in Houston last year. The scanner I used at the time isn't the greatest, so they look blurry. but I can post them if you want - just let me know :)

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Deb, do we even need to ask, blurry or not blurry Flake are the crumbliest choco...i meant sweetest doubles team since the Bryans :)

·
85,829 Posts
LOL ok here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Deb, theyre awesome :banana: thankyou :hug:
i heart the seventh one :dance: why? who knows :lol:

·
85,829 Posts
:) You're welcome. I wish I had the pics out here with me, I'd rescan them.

Oh, here's one more that wouldn't fit the first time. But I HATE that it looks so blurry :mad: :smash:

I like the 8th one - they were practicing on center court before their big SF against Knowles/Nestor and they were doing the ritual end of practice baseball game and Jamesie wasn't doing so well so Mardy went to play catch LOL

I have more pics of them individually, but these are all the ones of them together :) And the last one is funny b/c Mardy's trying to run away with the trophy. It was a great great moment.

I hope they play at LA together in July, I'll be able to take better pics with my digicam :D

Attachments

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
oh my gosh i am so :silly: i meant the eighth one :lol: thats not a good sign, im trying to take a maths a-level right now :smash: not a wise choice, im guessing!

oh i hope they do play aswell, then theyll come out like your DC ones which were :banana: mardy running away with the trophy! hehe thats awesome :) i love watching doubles, its a shame it doesnt get much airtime on TV, when i saw the Bryans i loved it :)

·
85,829 Posts
LOL OH!! I was gonna ask why you liked that rather normal pic of their warmup :lol:

I totally agree with you about doubles. It's so fast-paced and high-energy. Plus you really see how the teams interact with each other and stuff, I love that. Their doubles semifinal was my favorite match of the entire tourney (and I saw almost everything :lol). It was so intense and stuff, went down to a third set TB and I remember Mardy made these incredible returns in that TB - he's really the one that won it for them.

As of right now, they're both entered in the tournament according to the site - so yay :) Is it the end of July yet? :lol:

I remember this one moment - I think it was during the final, where James missed a ball or something and you know how sometimes after a player misses a ball he sort of just slaps it away? Well he slapped it away and it hit right at Mardy's BACK :haha: so Mardy lifted up his shirt and James looked at it and stuff. it was really hilarious :)

1 - 20 of 203 Posts