Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you rank the active players in the order of greatness? I'd rank them like this:

1. Federer
  2. Nadal
  3. Djokovic
  4. Hewitt
  5. Murray
  6. Del Potro
  7. Wawrinka (less years on top puts him behind DelPo despite having a M1000 title besides a slam)
  8. Davydenko
  9. Haas
  10. Tsonga
  11. (Söderling) (Not active but not officially retired)
  12. Ferrer
  13. Berdych
  14. Robredo
  15. Stepanek
  16. Nishikori

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Frankly I'd limit it to ten if I were you, because putting Nishikori on a 'greatness' list is embarrassing.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1- Fognini
2- Paire
3- Gulbis
Yeah, completely forgot Gulbis because GOATbis is way above the rest of the field. As for The Fog and Paire, they're just some random clowns, even Clownfils is greater.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Haas ahead of Tsonga ? Is that a joke ?

1 Federer
2 Nadal
3 Djokovic
4 Murray
5 Hewitt
6 del Potro
7 Wawrinka
8 Davydenko
9 Tsonga
10 Ferrer/Berdych

If you still think Söderling is an active player, then put him #10 instead of Ferrer/Berdych.

·
12,691 Posts
Also 0>1 when it comes to match fixing scandals.
How cute. Stan fans are even resorting to this to prove their fav is "greater". :lol: Fact is your lovely Stan has nothing on Davydenko apart from his slam win. And tennis isn't all about slams. Otherwise let them just play 4 events only every year. Davydenko has more wins, top 10 wins, top 10 weeks, titles, MS titles, WTF title etc. He has better stats in almost everything. One slam isn't enough to make Stan better.

:wavey:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Federer
Nadal
Djokovic
Hewitt
Murray
del Potro
Wawrinka
Davydenko
Tsonga
Berdych

The tougher ones here are the Hewitt-Murray and Tsonga-Berdych orders, I could see arguments to the contrary in both cases.

·
Banned
355 Posts
How would you rank the active players in the order of greatness? I'd rank them like this:

1. Federer
  2. Nadal
  3. Djokovic
  4. Hewitt
  5. Murray
  6. Del Potro
  7. Wawrinka (less years on top puts him behind DelPo despite having a M1000 title besides a slam)
  8. Davydenko
  9. Haas
  10. Tsonga
  11. (Söderling) (Not active but not officially retired)
  12. Ferrer
  13. Berdych
  14. Robredo
  15. Stepanek
  16. Nishikori
Soda should be ranked higher, 2 slam finals and the only man to ever defeat rafa in RG set him above a few other players. Despite his shorter career he is surely above Tsonga, Haas and Davydenko in my book.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Why Nishikori over someone like Simon? Not that either is a 'great'.
its the OP's bias, which is fine I suppose, everyone has their own likes and dislikes

there are a LOT of active players with better resumes than Nishikori

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Haas ahead of Tsonga ? Is that a joke ?

1 Federer
2 Nadal
3 Djokovic
4 Murray
5 Hewitt
6 del Potro
7 Wawrinka
8 Davydenko
9 Tsonga
10 Ferrer/Berdych

If you still think Söderling is an active player, then put him #10 instead of Ferrer/Berdych.
why do you think Tsonga/Berdych (or even Soderling) should be ahead of Ferrer?

Ferrer was in the top 5 for how many seasons now, has grand slam final and Master's 1000 title, and a vast number more overall tournament wins than any of the lower people on this list
also a fairly good H2H record against all players outside the top 5

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Fossil is behind Tsonga and Ferrer.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
We have this thread already

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=190223

And Stepanek!?!?!? 1 Slam QF, career high of #8 and 5 titles? Ok, +2 Davis Cups, but still...

Federer
Nadal
Djokovic
Hewitt
Murray
Del Potro
Wawrinka
Davydenko
Tsonga
Berdych
Haas
Ferrer
Robredo

then we have a very big gap, then the rest. The next best would be Youzhny maybe?

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
why do you think Tsonga/Berdych (or even Soderling) should be ahead of Ferrer?

Ferrer was in the top 5 for how many seasons now, has grand slam final and Master's 1000 title, and a vast number more overall tournament wins than any of the lower people on this list
also a fairly good H2H record against all players outside the top 5
Have you been living under a rock this week? Tsonga just beat 4 top 10 players in a row to win a tournament, Berdych beat Djokovic and Federer back to back at a Slam, Soderling took down Nadal at RG and then snapped Federer's streak the following year there.

These are all things Ferrer is not capable of doing, that's why he's behind them. He's just a normal top 10 player, who never won any tournament beating top players. He can't reach the level of play Tsonga or Berdych can - they are not just another player in the top 10, they have the game to trouble the very best when they're in form.

We have this thread already

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=190223

And Stepanek!?!?!? 1 Slam QF, career high of #8 and 5 titles? Ok, +2 Davis Cups, but still...

Federer
Nadal
Djokovic
Hewitt
Murray
Del Potro
Wawrinka
Davydenko
Tsonga
Berdych
Haas
Ferrer
Robredo

then we have a very big gap, then the rest. The next best would be Youzhny maybe?
I agree with this ranking. I think those are all the active players who won a title above 500 level, makes sense to consider them the most accomplished and the order seems about right.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts