Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
*updated to include clay TMS victories for Coria, Moya and Federer, plus Robredo and Davydenko's optional titles*

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
*a great week for the young Vs as Volandri and Ventura pick up debut ATP titles*

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
*updated for 2005 up to Milan, Delray and Vina del Mar*

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
*bump*

Surface is now indicated for players with a large number of titles, and yes it was as hard as it looks.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes, it was on the other board, and I think it was for active players only - I'll post an updated version here.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks for mentioning Amritraj, I always manage to forget a significant player somewhere along the line. Updated now. The man gets respect from me for winning on all surfaces and appearing in my favourite Bond film...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
*bump*

Blake, Ljubo and Andreev all claim title #3 within hours of each other.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Sjengster said:
Yes, I was thinking of putting them down as well, but all the websites I've seen only list the official ATP tournaments that they won, and if you only count them then their total number of titles is substantially lower. If you only counted Connors' ATP titles, he would have something like 70 titles, not the huge figure of 109 that he actually holds. And if I'm right, Lendl has by far the biggest number of ATP titles, 94 in total, including one particularly good year in 1982 when he won an amazing 15 tournaments.
I believe Connors would have 65 titles from the ATP. I read that somewhere. I actually forget the name of the tour Connors played on outside of the ATP. Lendl is truely godlike with 94 ATP titles. Love the thread. I hope you keep updating it from time to time.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I've been updating it for over two and a half years, if anyone's noticed! :p

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
I believe Connors would have 65 titles from the ATP. I read that somewhere. I actually forget the name of the tour Connors played on outside of the ATP. Lendl is truely godlike with 94 ATP titles. Love the thread. I hope you keep updating it from time to time.
A lot of the players in the ealry 70's had boosted title totals because there were two different tours at the time. You had some players play exclusively or almost exclusively on the aTP tour and there were the WCT events. This allowed for more than one player to have big title totals.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
I am not sure if this is your intent or not but there is a huge list of players who have won 1 title. Do you want to include all of them?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm planning to get round to all of them, but I'm sure you'll appreciate that it's a mammoth task.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
ATP official pages says that Borg has 61 Singles titles?

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/Titles/default.asp?playernumber=B058

SINGLES CAREER TITLES (61): 1974--Adelaide, Bastad, Boston, London WCT, Roland Garros, Rome, Sao Paulo WCT; 1975--Barcelona, Bologna WCT, Boston, Richmond-WCT, Roland Garros; 1976--Boston, Dallas WCT, Dusseldorf, Sao Paulo WCT, Toronto Indoor WCT, Wimbledon; 1977--Barcelona, Basel, Cologne, Denver, Madrid, Memphis, Monte Carlo WCT, Nice, Pepsi Grand Slam, Wembley, Wimbledon; 1978--Bastad, Birmingham WCT, Las Vegas, Milan WCT, Pepsi Grand Slam, Roland Garros, Rome, Tokyo Indoor, Wimbledon; 1979--Bastad, Las Vegas, Masters, Monte Carlo, Montreal / Toronto, Palermo, Pepsi Grand Slam, Richmond WCT, Roland Garros, Rotterdam, Tokyo Indoor, Wimbledon; 1980--Las Vegas, Masters, Monte Carlo, Nice, Pepsi Grand Slam, Roland Garros, Stockholm, Wimbledon; 1981--Geneva, Roland Garros, Stuttgart Outdoor

41 - 60 of 149 Posts