Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

*updated for title number 12 and GS title number 2 for Federer - he's slowly gaining ground on Hewitt...*

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

*updated to include newest February wins - Hewitt's first European indoor title, in fact his first European title on a surface other than grass, Coria's revenge over Moya in Buenos Aires and title no. 1 for Johansson the Younger*

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Sjengster said:
*updated to include newest February wins - Hewitt's first European indoor title, in fact his first European title on a surface other than grass, Coria's revenge over Moya in Buenos Aires and title no. 1 for Johansson the Younger*
Now that's an interesting fact, Sjengst... I was hoping Juanqui w take that title... a good one!!

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Thank you for the list and the updates--very convenient to have the information easily available.:D

A small correction: Wayne Ferreira has 15 titles. You are missing L.A. 2003.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Why, I never realised - thanks for the information. It's corrected.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Lee said:
Sjengster, you listed 19 titles for Guga but the number there is 18.
Other way round, I think you'll find. ;) Anyway, it's been changed. Anyone got any more, huh? :p

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Actually, I just realised that your way of putting it amounts to the same thing - basically, I'm quibbling over semantics. However you say it, I had Kuerten with 18 titles and then listed 19 afterwards, so it's been fixed. Phew!

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

*updated to include a second home title for Kuerten that takes him to the big 20, and a third win of the year for Hrbaty - in the space of two months, he's doubled his career titles*

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

*updated for March victories - Cousin Vinny finally gets on the board after a 10-year career, Federer is the first successful defender of Dubai and Moya racks up a second title from four finals this year*

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
great work, Sjengster :yeah:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Fine Lee, fine... I remember it being referred to as such back in 2002 on the ATP website, though. Somebody screwed up.

Masto, I'm also forgetting Borg, Connors, McEnroe et al because there's the problem of estimating how many titles they won, given that not all were ATP events (e.g. Connors' personal tour that enabled him to rack up the victories). The ATP website has them, but they're in alphabetical order in each year when I want them in chronological order... You see, indirectly everything is the ATP site's fault.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

*updated to include Federer's 14th title and second TMS title - can anyone halt the Federer Express? I hope so, and I'm saying this as a fan of him*

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Arnaud Clement also won Metz 2003

Im surprised Grosjean, Nalbandian and Haas have so few :eek:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Fernando Verdasco won his 1st title 2004 Valencia.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah, I saw... I'll wait till the Estoril final is finished though, and do 'em both together.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
*updated to include a first win for Verdasco, who becomes the fourth debutante title winner this year, and a very successful week for Chela, who becomes the first player since Federer in Vienna last year to claim both the singles and doubles titles at the same event*

21 - 40 of 149 Posts