Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from London! I needed a few days off after the disappointing performance at the Queen's Club. Not only my shots were bad there. My head was as well. I pulled out of Eastbourne to have a few extra days of preparation for Wimbledon. I started to practise here today. So noble. And the courts are a bit slower than in the Queen's Club. My first practice partner was Milos Raonic. I learn a lot each hour I play on grass. And I had mega fun again. .
Expected? How did the surface in Queen's look to you this week though? Discuss

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Well duh obviously?

Think about it logically.

Why did they decide to slow down the courts in 2003? Why? because they wanted to make tennis a more spectator sport with/by having longer rallies.

Wimbledon is watched worldwide and is the most prestigious sporting event on the planet outside of the world cup and the olympic games.... they want to put on a spectacle, if that means sacrificing the surface's speed, they will.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Queens' was nice the ball stayed low but at the same time remained lively, at Wimbledon in the first 2 days it stays low but the ball just dies.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Well duh obviously?

Think about it logically.

Why did they decide to slow down the courts in 2003? Why? because they wanted to make tennis a more spectator sport with/by having longer rallies.

Wimbledon is watched worldwide and is the most prestigious sporting event on the planet outside of the world cup and the olympic games.... they want to put on a spectacle, if that means sacrificing the surface's speed, they will.
they want to make sure another Ivanishevich never serve-bots his way to the title again, fair enough.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Yes thanks Thiem, thanks for telling us what we all have known for the last 10 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts