Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.As i was watching atp show about all atp number 1 i decided to make a poll regarding the biggest question who is the GOAT of all time.This question is debated by BIG 3 fanbase for more than 5-6 years so i decided to make a poll in which all MTF choose who is the best.The purpose of the poll is not to provoke any disputes or insults between BIg3 tards which are sadly inevitable but objectively to choose the greatest tennis player who ever pick a rocket.I personally think it is Novak Djokovic and not only because i am huge fan of him-he is the most consistent player from mega slow Monte Carlo to extreme fast Cincinatti and Paris,he has won all major titles-Grand slam ,Masters and ATP Finals . Furthermore he was way more defavorised from organisers about schedule,courts to play and so on contrary to the other BIG 3 and even Murray.Finally let s not forget that his whole childhood was in a country torn apart by civil war and internal economic and military sanctions which make what he achieved far more difficult and respectable.Even though i pick Novak i think there are arguments for any other player on the list to be the GOAT. And finally i again please there are far more positive than negative comments and the GOAT be choose objectively not subjectively .

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
It's Novak. He has faced and beaten the hardest competition and owns his biggest rivals. And when it's all said and done, he will finish with the most slams, weeks at 1, masters, etc. despite having to do it the hard way.

·
Registered
20,700 Posts
You know GOAT already stands for all time

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know GOAT already stands for all time
Yes.You are right ,my mistake-but i right" all time " to emphasize it s not only between The Big 3 because in the past decade the debate and acronyme was mainly connected to them.There were great players from Tony Wilding to Pete Sampras and any one of these players has arguments to be consider the GOAT.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
No Stefan?

Noletards will be mad if you did not include Stefan Djokovic in the poll and may very well have this thread locked.

Stefan Edberg.............on a serious note.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Djokovic and Nadal have achieved great things but be honest... when you ask the average man in the street to say the first name that comes to mind when asked about tennis.... we all know the answer. You see, although titles are important, what Federer has achieved is even greater. He has created a legacy of style, talent and artistry which puts him on a higher level than just counting trophies. Respect to the others but Roger Federer is the Supreme GOAT.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Djokovic and Nadal have achieved great things but be honest... when you ask the average man in the street to say the first name that comes to mind when asked about tennis.... we all know the answer. You see, although titles are important, what Federer has achieved is even greater. He has created a legacy of style, talent and artistry which puts him on a higher level than just counting trophies. Respect to the others but Roger Federer is the Supreme GOAT.
Nobody cares about the average man in the street. It is the goat debate, not tennis streets talk with guys who have no clue.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Right now, there's only one answer: Roger Federer. In a few years, we'll see what happens.
Depends also on how many tournaments will not be held due to the pandemic. That will take a huge part in this as well. For now we have at least one Wimbledon crown and three masters 1000 titles completely vanished from history.

Reactions: Phillo

·
|
15,616 Posts
Whoever has the most slams obviously.
Its the only definitive thing to measure players by in the Open era.
If you start using other achievements it becomes too subjective.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Whoever has the most slams obviously.
Its the only definitive thing to measure players by in the Open era.
If you start using other achievements it becomes too subjective.
Nope. We look at everything, including competition/how those slams were achieved.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Rafa is my personal favourite, but if you are talking about greatness of all time, you need to look at the legacy of each contender. It's hard to choose anyone not named Roger Federer. This man redefined tennis and took it to new levels. And Rafa helped him add to his legacy by being involved in the greatest rivalry in tennis that has enthralled millions of tennis fans all across the globe.

Statistically, Novak is likely to surpass Roger, but that doesn't make him surpass Roger's legacy.

IMHO, there is a GOAT, and then the rest. At the moment, it is Roger Federer

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Do you also consult average man in the street when you need medical advice, for example?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts