Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think ?

Not too many players win two junior Slams out of three finals and not too many reach #1 in ITF junior rankings.

Not too many players win ITF futures at the age of 16 and he did it twice this year already.

Do we have a future Grand Slam winner or will he be the next Filip Peliwo ?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
What do you think ?

Not too many players win two junior Slams out of three finals and not too many reach #1 in ITF junior rankings.

Not too many players win ITF futures at the age of 16 and he did it twice this year already.

Do we have a future Grand Slam winner or will he be the next Filip Peliwo ?
I hope Taiwan invests in his future. 2/3 Jr slams at 16 and finalist at AO. There's some upside to be mined here. Maybe he can be a regular tour player and with Lu hitting his twilight years, this would be good for Asian tennis. Also he didn't drop a set this entire tournament until the finals (which he lost in a TB), he could be a mental giant. We'll see.

I watched his match and he looked good, really composed but nothing really struck out to me. Good BH, solid all around. At least with Kei, I saw his ridiculous shotmaking abilities and excellent movement so hard to tell how far he can go in the mens game but he'll be hitting his stride after the big 4, maybe there's an opportunity there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Think this was already answered in another thread?

He looks too small and the days of Chang and Ferrer are over.

If he doesn't grow another 3-4 inches, he would most likely have an injury plagued career even if he did make it on to the ATP, dealing with all the outsized heavy artillery.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Think this was already answered in another thread?

He looks too small and the days of Chang and Ferrer are over.

If he doesn't grow another 3-4 inches, he would most likely have an injury plagued career even if he did make it on to the ATP, dealing with all the outsized heavy artillery.
Those guys are pure retrievers, Tseng was dictating most rallies in the match against a flashy ballbasher. Also Schwartzman is doing well and he's WAY smaller. He's listed at 5'9, it's not inconceivable that he reaches 5'10-11, that's Nishikori/Dolgo/Goffin/Kohli/Fognini size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts