Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In times of crisis, we learn the truth about ourselves and others.

At a time when the world is pulling together, the French Open has made an aggressive, predatory move to grab a spot on the calendar that does not belong to it. Instead of consulting with players and other tournaments, it has grabbed its spot unilaterally.

In other words, it has decided to disregard the interests of the ATP; the ITF, the USO and other tournaments. Effectively, it has gone rogue.

Having stepped outside the tennis community in this way, the FO has ceased to deserve the respect of the tennis community.

Players and the ATP need to ask themselves whether they need to honour the FO as a tournament.

An immediate boycott should be called.

If the FO decides to withdraw its decisions and to consult with other stakeholders, then I'm sure a compromise can reached.

But until then, a tournament that uses a crisis to make a disgusting grab should be shunned by all tennis-lovers.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
everybody should just calm down. we will probably won't even see any yellow ball moving till January 2021, no need waste energy.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
You don't get it. The FO would cease to have any legitimacy. It would be a defunct tournament.
That's rather melodramatic. No slam is going defunct.

At this point no one knows what will happen in reality. As long as the governments are shutting down their countries, we won't see any tennis played, either.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Agreed. Not that there is any chance that it will actually happen. But even if those fuckers want to press it through, players will not attend.

Vasek Pospisil, member of the ATP players council, said it best in the New York Times: "It is sick, A totally egoistical move without consulting the ATP. Its a powerplay and its arrogant."

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
You don't get it. The FO would cease to have any legitimacy. It would be a defunct tournament.
You just have to persuade Johny G. here to put an asterix next to every Nadal's RG title hereafter, even better, to demote them to M1000 tournament in his Goat-tables if held after the June.

Also, every single week at no.1 after such RG shouldn't count for Nadal or Djokovic.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please leave vodka aside, these Fedtardic hissy fits are becoming truly pathetic.
Vodka ain't my poison.

And no hissy fits. I've always enjoyed punching bullies straight on the nose. And the FO has acted like a bully.

What, did they think the could piss all over everybody else and get away with it?

·
justice for all
16,870 Posts
This. And they should retrospectively deprive Nadal of his 12 slam titles won there.
Rome or Hamburg could be nominated as a new clay slam.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So many greats used to skip Au open, definitely takes something from it back then. However french open will always be a grand slam and great tournament. It’s just associated with nadal and because of the jealousy towards such a great player. It angers too many people. 19 and counting and it’s best to just accept that.

I don’t get why people are getting their knickers in a twist? There is going to be no tennis season and definitely no Wimbledon anyway. It’s spiralled out of control and getting worse in up and peak will be around June time. Will be little to no time.

us open may reschedule and the smalller atp tournament’s are not as important. Asian swing just won’t happen. Tbh seems unlikely we see any tennis until a vaccine arrives. Could be this time next year

·
Registered
490 Posts
Very stupid thing to do by the FO, as nobody knows what will happen over the next few months.

Basically, they are saying that if the FO doesn't happen this year, it is going bankrupt. Just spent all the money on renovations and certainly have money left in the coffers to pay staff for the next year.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
It's definitely the least relevant slam. Everyone knows that except for fans of a certain vulture.
LoL what a piece of ignorant BS. Less relevant only for deluded tards of certain players who'd give their left arm to have at least 20% of the titles King Rafa has.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Very stupid thing to do by the FO, as nobody knows what will happen over the next few months.

Basically, they are saying that if the FO doesn't happen this year, it is going bankrupt. Just spent all the money on renovations and certainly have money left in the coffers to pay staff for the next year.
Is that true? Can't imagine it...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is that true? Can't imagine it...
It's very hard. I worked in event management for 10+ years and if you have to cancel an event at virtually the last moment, it means that you have already paid out a LOT of money in salaries, preparation, organization, etc. and will not be receiving ticket sales, merchandise and sponsorship money.

Hopefully they are able to receive the money from the TV Rights (that's a legal issue I have no idea about), but if not, they are looking at a 30 million euro loss.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Stan said that no single player was asked about it and everybody was informed with twitter.

I wonder if FO asked anyone (ATP, USO or Wimbledon) about schedule or they made the decision single handedly.

But it doesn't matter. If the southwestern communities in Europe will be behaving like they have been for the last two weeks - we won't see any tennis till 2021, which - in reality - is not a big deal.

OTOH the big players should stop behaving like fucking primadonnas and understand in how much more privileged situation they are in comparison to the majority of society. All should be right now bombing the messages on their social media about the situation and how to avoid the sickness etc. While you open the facebook and:

Federer

"Can’t wait to play in Boston for the first time. It is always epic to play in a historical sporting arena like the Garden. Let’s make it 4 in a row Team Europe "

Nadal

"
Here we are on a special tournament... 🎾😉💪🏻👋🏻
#Indianwells
#tennisparadise
#california #usa "

Djokovic,

well, at least he has a link to the foundation, which speaks about Covid, but main news is

"
Ahahahaa! Spider splits all day 😂🤣🕷 thanks @ATPTOUR

Should we do a split #NoleChallenge? 🧐🤔

"

I don't know about twitter or insta, cause I don't follow, but on FB you are being followed by 200.000.000 people you fucking pricks, at least write something.

Cancel 2020 I say, it doesn't make sense. I don't even know what is going to happen with the rankings.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
OP, this is embarrassing.

C'mon

1 - 20 of 50 Posts