Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of of us play real life tennis whther at the club tennis level or ITF level.. or getting lucky to hit over the net twice level....

Recently a poster mentioned tennis players in comparison to MTF.

So if you were generous with your comparison, who is your tennis most similar to?

For me I'd be most comparable to Radek Stepanek 2010 onward , but with a forehand. One of the most crafty players of all time... rely on guille , speed and solid baseline shots, plenty of lobs and drop shots. Forehand is as fluid as peak Nadal...

It all breaks down with the serve.

So if you were generous, who is your game most similar to?

Reactions: n00b

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Good First Serve, Problems with the second. Excellent Forehand, weaker Backhand but at least a little steady, biggest weakness Volley.
Return usually from deep positions.

If I switch Backhand and Forehand I could be Zverev :LOL:

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I played tennis 15 years ago. The biggest memory I have is the following:

I lost in first rounds of club championships. Then played a ''losers final'' and beat a better player than myself. The club also expected that this ''better player' would beat me, so they had already made the trophy with his name on it. Therefore when I won, they were so confused and apologised that they only had a trophy with the other guys' name on it. Therefore, I attended the trophy ceremony but did not get a trophy. I received it several weeks later..

Ok, so far that story. I was a young Djokovic, great backhand down the line.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Maybe Murray, on average, kinda solid of both wings but no real weapon, even though I love going for it when there is an opening, sometimes even recklessly. On a good day like more agressive Novak, on a bad day like a bad Verdasco.
And with shit serve, but there is no pro player I can compare my serve with, bcs it sucks so badly.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I play like Basilashvili with Zverevs serve and Tomics movement.

Reactions: TheEndIsNear

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Huh, Gilles Simon probably, although I'm much better built than him and can generate more power than him, could never quite unleash on either wing, so I focused on good movement and counter. BH is my better shot, I love the parallels. My BH kind of resembles Murray's technique. The FH was always pretty meh.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
I no longer play due to a ruined foot--from a tennis injury--but back in the day I played (and even looked) alot like Arancha Sanchez Vicario. OK, a completely crappy version of her, but same style. Especially the big topsin FH.

·
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I no longer play due to a ruined foot--from a tennis injury--but back in the day I played (and even looked) alot like Arancha Sanchez Vicario. OK, a completely crappy version of her, but same style. Especially the big topsin FH.
Pushitova at heart.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Verdasco. I'm a baseline attacker, with an explosive and very flat forehand, a mediocre BH but less prone to UE, a mediocre serve but less prone to DF than it used to be, and a really bad net game.

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
James Blake, Fernando Gonzalez, Stan Wawrinka, Dominic Thiem style, attacking baseliner, big forehand, one handed BH

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Don't know but:
  • my overhead is almost as good as Novak's
  • I shank of my BH almost as often as Roger does
  • I hit my FH flatter than Rafa
GOAT 💪

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I'm better at the net than on the baseline, decent movement, efficiency over fitness.

So Medvedev probably.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Fognini but the nonchalance comes across as depressed rather than cocky

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Gasquet like bh (GOAT), fh (mediocre) and playing style (closer to the changing room than to the net). I do even the same face when serving like Gasquet

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
A guy I played a while ago said I played like Raonic. Took that as insult to be honest.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts