Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from this

to this

I think he was finally ready mentally too :shrug: Ofc Declined Rafa is not the same beast, but kudos to Djoko :hatoff:
He is a classy champ, unlike the guy who is 0:5 against goat here.:devil:

·
Registered
564 Posts
More like devolution in the rest of the field. I mean Djokovic has a better serve now than before, but he still has the same consistent tennis. Him and Murray are the only ones managing to keep their level, oh and Berdych too, but who cares about Berdych. Anyway rest of the field are going backwards. Don't get me wrong, Djoko has still progressed, but not as much as others have declined.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Actually i'm a Fedtard more or less, but whatever...

·
Registered
170 Posts
More like devolution in the rest of the field. I mean Djokovic has a better serve now than before, but he still has the same consistent tennis. Him and Murray are the only ones managing to keep their level, oh and Berdych too, but who cares about Berdych. Anyway rest of the field are going backwards. Don't get me wrong, Djoko has still progressed, but not as much as others have declined.
Shitray and berdshit have been playing horribly as of late. Djoko just has a lot of swagger right now

·
Registered
5,674 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Something happened to Djokovic in 2011 and it had to do with consistency and accuracy. It developed profoundly. I'm still amazed by how many lines he hit in some 2011 matches. Wawa or Murray can beat Nole but they'll be battling against a very skilled and agile wall who rarely if ever capitulates. Murray is as bendy as Nole but he doesn't have the same mental composure. Wawa can blow Nole off the court but he's erratic.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Djokovic has a better tennis physique than Murray. Murray is tough and muscular, that's good, but it's not always in his favor, especially against Djokovic.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Djokovic has a better tennis physique than Murray. Murray is tough and muscular, that's good, but it's not always in his favor, especially against Djokovic.
Djoker has the perfect tennis body. He is light, his legs are short and arms are long and also he is quite tall. Add to this his flexibility and you'll get the most balanced player ever in physical department. With that body he can be successfull in exploiting any style of tennis.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nole has gifted at least 3 slams to Rafa inexplicably. There is no such a thing as evolution. He surpasses Rafa years ago but still gifted him matches due to mental frailty. Rafa's luck has just run out.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Djoker has the perfect tennis body. He is light, his legs are short and arms are long and also he is quite tall. Add to this his flexibility and you'll get the most balanced player ever in physical department. With that body he can be successfull in exploiting any style of tennis.
Fed has the perfect tennis body what with his movement economy, upper torso strength, utra fast reaction time and 0 propensity to injury.

But yeah Nole right up there.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fed has the perfect tennis body what with his movement economy, upper torso strength, utra fast reaction time and 0 propensity to injury.

But yeah Nole right up there.
Fair point, but I think those 3-4 additional cm are critical when it comes to serve and its damage on back. Federer had some issues with back..So as Nadal and Sampras. (All are 185) Also djoker has bigger reach, which helps him in defense...

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
bigger reach, which helps him in defense...

Djokovic has by far the most talented hands in tennis history, but his footwork isn't on Nadal's level, so in today's era of slow courts Nole was forced to develop a great deal of flexibility to improve his defence. In any other era of fast courts Djokovic would have been sitting on 15-16 Slams by now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts