Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kokkinakis has pulled out of his RG Q. This is devastating setback number 46. Im gutted for him as he is a great guy and player on his day.

I personally feel that's it?
Surely there is no way back.
I hope im wrong but how many setbacks could one handle...

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Re: The end of the road?

I hate titles that give no idea about the content of the thread. Frankly I don't care about Coconutkiss.

·
justice for all
13,117 Posts

Who is this Coconutskissass?

About the thread title: well done OP! I hate it too but that's how tabloid media works. Catchy titles, call-to-action, I'll sell your soul for a click.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
End of the road? Far from it, he is only 23.
Yes but with amount of injuries players usually give up..it has happened in past. Its mentally draining to keep bouncing back and his body is clearly rejecting the work

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

Kokkinakis has pulled out of his RG Q. This is devastating setback number 46. Im gutted for him as he is a great guy and player on his day.

Thoughts?
This is not a question. Neither is the title.

I think Kokkinakis is a decent player but I have no idea if he will ever play regularly. Regardless, I don't think it is something like a Joachim Johansson case. I don't think he is close to that calibre of player.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

Thoughts?
This is not a question. Neither is the title.
If spoken, the title would end with rising intonation, indicating a question. You're right about the bolded sentence, of course. Did the OP mean to put an exclamation mark?

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bolded sentence has ? As i am opening my comment for debate.

Welcome to 2000s guys

In fact both statement are fine with ?

The end of the road? = is it the end of the road?

Did not think anyone would struggle with that shortened version

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts

It doesn't make sense to write, "I personally feel that's it?", unless you're unsure what you actually feel.
I think he wants to see if other posters feel the same way he does? It's sad Kokkinakis stays injured almost all of the time now. If I were him I would have given up long ago. It is to his credit that he tries to keep playing.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts

Apolpgies if I can't find an ATP example, but this reminds of me of Agnes Szavay. Great player on her day, won a couple of titles, was on her way to the Top 10, retired in the New Haven final and that was it. Hopefully, Kokkinakis' career doesn't go down that same road.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Apolpgies if I can't find an ATP example, but this reminds of me of Agnes Szavay. Great player on her day, won a couple of titles, was on her way to the Top 10, retired in the New Haven final and that was it. Hopefully, Kokkinakis' career doesn't go down that same road.
At this point I'm thinking a couple of titles would be an amazing outcome for Kokk.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Well, kokkinakis would be happy to get szavay’s career. Just dont feel sorry for him cause it was his fault, his shoulder problems came about when he tried to bulk up, he admitted so himself. He hurt himself in the gym, trying to look good physical.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts

Except he does not win a couple of Tour tiles titles like Szavai (4 at 22), only one overhyped match here and there (Main Tour career W/L 24/42), he is somewhere in between Szavai and Salva Vidal, closer than the later.

And all the overhype is based on his Junior Years when his fellow top 10 were Baldi Quinzi Milojevic Kyrgios Coppejans… all of them failing blatantly at ATP level like himself.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
his story reminds me of berta. berta was a talented young guy that just had injury issues constantly and just got tired of dealing with it. he gave up trying to have a career. berta gave up a lot earlier than he did. i hope he can fight through and eventually stay healhty for long enough but we'll see. he is still young so thats the bight side

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
At this point, Kokkinakis seems to be neither sturdy nor lucky enough to have a tennis career of any appreciable quality. Can't tell what is it that makes him so frail and unlucky, but I guess, that's just the way it works sometimes.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another blow

·
Registered
14,501 Posts

Except he does not win a couple of Tour tiles titles like Szavai (4 at 22).
There is no tennis player known "Szavai", be it male or female.
OFF
There was Agnes Szavay though who won 5 WTA tourneys.
ON

1 - 20 of 30 Posts