14,082 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David was in Auckland where he defeated Haase in straight sets, but had to retire in his match against Carreno Busta. He took a W/C into Argentina where he defeated Jaziri in straight sets, but lost to Ramos-Vinolas in 3 sets. I saw both matches. It was great to see David on clay :)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To update on David's Farewell Tour he next went to Acapulco where he defeated Sandgren, but lost to Sascha Zverev. He next went to Miami where he defeated Querrey, but he next has to play Sascha again!

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Looks like that schedule didn't quite hold up seing how he's playing Miami.... maybe he will give us one more final slam.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like that schedule didn't quite hold up seing how he's playing Miami.... maybe he will give us one more final slam.
I don't see him in another Slam myself. He was a 2013 Tournament Finalist in Miami so they gave him a W/C into the Tournament which I thought was nice. I got to see his match against Sam :)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To update David's last Tournaments he went next to Barcelona where he defeated Misha Zverev in straight sets, he also defeated Pouille in straight sets, but lost to Nadal in straight sets. He next went to the last Tournament of his career in Madrid where he defeated Bautista Agut in 3 sets, but lost to Sascha Zverev in straight sets. There was a nice retirement party for David after the match.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
I will miss him, though it has also been tough to watch him struggle on court in the last year or so. :sobbing:

I wish you all the happiness in the world in your next chapter, David. :hug:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He went out just like he always played with real class. I wish him and his family all the best in the years ahead :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts