Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
46,916 Posts
Black Plague was insane, this is not to that level

It is more of a swine flu...which killed 500,000 :rolleyes:

Just have to hope for the best at this point. Doing my best to survive, reading as many books as I can during this down time. Got 8 more to read before we get back to normal

·
10,118 Posts
Black Plague was insane, this is not to that level

It is more of a swine flu...which killed 500,000 :rolleyes:

Just have to hope for the best at this point. Doing my best to survive, reading as many books as I can during this down time. Got 8 more to read before we get back to normal
You must be a slow reader or are reading Encyclopedias.

Jk.

I'm self isolating and doing my part. The good news about this is we can all actually do our part and curb the virus.

If we can wash our wands and distance ourselves we may be able to do some good. We will see what's next.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts

Jk.

I'm self isolating and doing my part. The good news about this is we can all actually do our part and curb the virus.

If we can wash our wands and distance ourselves we may be able to do some good. We will see what's next.
And maybe (being positive or not) if we also take some extra zinc through a food or supplements and some drug (depending on our health issues) to transfer the zinc into the cells (Chloroquine, Hydroxychloroquine, Quercetin ...)

·
6,189 Posts
And maybe (being positive or not) if we also take some extra zinc through a food or supplements and some drug (depending on our health issues) to transfer the zinc into the cells (Chloroquine, Hydroxychloroquine, Quercetin ...)

Hydroxychloroquine?
Bloody hell, I am on that drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis. (along with mtx)
It is an old drug used to treat Malaria.
It was found by chance to help with RA.
Would be surprised if such old drugs can be used to treat a new disease.
Some old AIDS drugs may be useful too.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Taking extra vitamin D is also a good idea for just about everybody. Just make sure you take the right form: D3, not D2. Around 4,000 IU per day should be a reasonable dose for most people.

Sunlight, fresh air, and moderate exercise are good bets as well.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Taking extra vitamin D is also a good idea for just about everybody. Just make sure you take the right form: D3, not D2. Around 4,000 IU per day should be a reasonable dose for most people.

Sunlight, fresh air, and moderate exercise are good bets as well.
Yep, taking D3 + vitamin K2 supplements is a very good idea during the winter, especially for elderly people, as well as any other vitamin we might be deficient in.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Hydroxychloroquine?
Bloody hell, I am on that drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis. (along with mtx)
It is an old drug used to treat Malaria.
It was found by chance to help with RA.
Would be surprised if such old drugs can be used to treat a new disease.
Some old AIDS drugs may be useful too.
A combination of Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin (a popular antibiotic developed in Croatia forty years ago) looks pretty promising too.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
A combination of Hydroxychloroquine & Azithromycin (a popular antibiotic developed in Croatia forty years ago) looks pretty promising too.

I wonder what are going to be the after effects of this.. Probably something that affects brains functions..

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I wonder what are going to be the after effects of this.. Probably something that affects brains functions..
Probably not much different than from taking those two drugs alone.

Those dying from Covid-19 don't have much choice currently, because even if they survived, their immune system and the lung tissue could be seriously damaged without an administration of the proper drug.

·
Your visions will happen
46,916 Posts

Jk.

Ha well I'm actually still working, somehow our restaurant has not been shut down entirely, we are still doing take out orders

But I finished one last night! 7 books left for me to read before the end of lockdown and then I can start researching and writing my own book

·
6,189 Posts

Interesting.
Some drugs are synergistic and work well together.
Eg I used to use Penstrep all the time until it was banned by local drug regulators.
Azithromycin says not to be used in viral infections, but when something like Corona is on the horizon, I guess one would be prepared to use anything to stop it.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Interesting.
Some drugs are synergistic and work well together.
Eg I used to use Penstrep all the time until it was banned by local drug regulators.
Azithromycin says not to be used in viral infections, but when something like Corona is on the horizon, I guess one would be prepared to use anything to stop it.
It seems that Azithromycin despite being antibiotic can also act as an antiviral drug within the very cell.

Here at the end of video it is explained how it prevents the virus production within the cell, and at about 2:15 how they found back in 2016 that it helped prevent Zika virus from inflicting the (cultured) brain cell damage.

Also, Hydroxychloroquine is acting antiviraly not only by transporting Zinc into the cells, but due to its basic (antiacid) nature it reduces the acidity of the cell walls and the inner parts of the cell, consequently preventing many viruses from entering the cell and also from its reproduction within the cell.

3 Ways Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine May Help Cure COVID-19

Furthermore, it seems that, as Azithromycin, Hydroxychloroquine can also act as anti-inflammatory drug here, by preventing Covid-19 virus from binding with the red cells (hemoglobin) and consequently expelling its free radical Fe ions (free Fe is a potent inflammatory molecule), thus helping to reduce the tissue damage resulting from the stronger immune system response or a possible autoimmune disease, and consequently also helping the immune system to stay as strong after the elimination of Covid-19 virus.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Well, taking fish tank cleaning products goes well beyond self-medication.
Even if it were completely the same compound as the pharmaceutical compound ready for the human consumption, and it is not, taking one tea spoon (possibly 5 grams), as they've each reportedly added into the glass of soda, is five to ten times more than allowed (e.g. for treatment of malaria it is maximum 10 milligram Chloroquine per kilogram of body weight, for the first dose, and for the other diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis it is even less, whereas as for the prevention of malaria a typical dosage is 400 milligrams of Hydroxychloroquine once per week, during several weeks).

Hydroxychloroquine warnings

·
Registered
116 Posts
It will end Federer

It will make Nadal and Djoko more family conscious.

No doubt Xisca will be pushing Nadal to release his superior seed in her and give her a baby.

If that happens Nadal will be not able to focus as much.

This may galvanize the younger men (NextGen). A time of survival always toughens up young men and wakes them from their slumber.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Dear readers,

One might say that the Holy Trinity of Tennis have been blessed. This enforced rest for perhaps 6-9 months could extend their careers at the top for 5-10 years and destroy the dreams of many younger players to replace them.

1. Imagine Rog with fully healed knees, back, groin, feet, ruthless arrogance, and so on. Imagine him loose and free, reversing time's decay, rejuvenated, and able to once again hit flying liquid whip forehands with dominating consequences.

2. Imagine RAFA with a practically fully regenerated body, muscles contracting and expanding, glistening in healthy sweat of pain free topspin assaults on defenseless tennis balls and fearful opponents, then screaming "VAMOS!".

3. Imagine No1e without elbow pain, shoulder pain, etc. His mind will be without stress, fully in tune with every fiber of his being, his soul, all flowing in deep harmony and purpose, on the brink of defeat, refusing to lose, then exploding in victory.

Now the only question will be the motivation of these all time terrors of the tennis court to continue playing tennis.

What if RAFA has a baby during this hiatus? He has always said he will stop playing once he had a family. Once he is bouncing baby Rafas on his knees, might he choose to settle down at the Nadal Academy on his island?

No1e will have never had this much time completely off and pain free. He will be forced to spend a lot of time with his wife and family. It could change him. Even some additional new spiritual meaning in his life might be revealed. With his popularity never higher, he might even receive a host of political offers.

Now what about Roger? Is there any truth that Roger foresaw the crisis and had this planned to a T? He has already experienced the freedom of a 6 month enforced rest, rehab, long training block and return. He already knows what is like to be wth his family all the time. He may dedicate his life much more to humanitarian endeavors around the world. But will he remain dedicated to tennis? Will this tip the balance in his life?

We can all speculate how the layoff caused by coronavirus might affect these Greats of Tennis.

The floor is yours. Take care.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Nice work of fiction. In reality this long break doesn't benefit any of the big 3 and the most screwed is Novak, the least affected is Roger even though he had a realistic shot at Wimbledon but nowhere else. Rafa is in the middle.

Funny how this thread is about a positive effect on the big 3 while I think this benefits Next Gen + Dominic Thiem the most, simply because they will face an older big 3.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Since Big3 most relevant current fight is against time, it's pretty obvious this hiatus doesn't benefit them much. Only Roger is slightly favoured because his records were going to be broken this very year.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It is the end for all of us full stop. This is the 4th plague. Read about the black plague and pneumonic plague on Wiki. Identical how they started.
Not even close to the same in terms of death rate. The plague killed 1/3rd of Europe in a few months. Given how many people don't have symptoms strong enough to warrant hospital and a test the covid death rate will be below 1%. Germany, which has done the most testing in Europe, has a death rate of three in a thousand for those testing positive.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts