Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this subject has been posted before. While searching for some info on D Young, I came across this link on his family's tennis academy website
http://www.tennisinmotion.org/main/donald_young_jr

At the bottom left of that page, there's a music clip titled Donald Nike Song. I find the lyrics hilarious since he hasn't done much yet. Still if this can inspire the Atlanta inner-city boys and girls to pick up a tennis racket, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
not much different from their Nike Air Force shoe commericals wit hthe NBA players.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the lyrics have been adapted to tennis though. I haven't heard the NBA version.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Haha

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Donald Young needs to do something in the game...he is soooooo over-hyped.
He just cracked the top 100. People expect too much too soon.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Yeah, I know he's moving up, but I wish the media would leave him alone and let him come into his own (although that will never happen). Yes, way to much was expected of him. I would imagine this has happened to a many potential players. That's just the way it goes.
Well it has happened before that a player has been extremely hyped from as young as 15 and has endured many years of criticism only to arise as a stellar player. Young could be a steady top 20 player if he never does anything spectacular. People should just let him develop and see what happens, rather than try to be prophets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts