Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
I've followed his career since he beat Nishikori at USO 2013.

He got a bad knee injury in 2014 I think. But however was always a bit more interested in partying than he was in tennis.

Before the coke ban he was doing well, had started training properly and was 30-40 in the rankings. Since the ban I think he has grown up and started to appreciate his potential.

Hopefully he can crack the top 20.

He has a tattoo of an Oscar Wilde quote "every saint has a past, every sinner has a future" which is quite apt for him.
This is my evans bro here!

@Rustie seems to be too

Possibly remember breakpointdom. Being one too

·
Registered
14,458 Posts
In the same way the Finnish-Russian Roman Eremenko. A nice attacking midfielder and very good player got a two years ban for coke while some Panamian legend got a few months because his country got into the world cup. There is no consistency in this bullshit. Although in some special circumstances it could be seens as preformance enhancing it aint exactly EPO. Its a minor crime, should the ATP ban you for two years if you speed or pay too little taxes as well? Fucking bullshit.
I personally would love to see more ATP and WADA bosses getting punished, even that these organisations should have no leaders, their "leadership" in recent years have been an absolute sham.

·
Registered
14,458 Posts
Evans has limited talent, but he certainly used it well to get to the higher echelons of the rankings in recent months.
He also has limited mental powers, so do not expect him to replicate even 1/10 of Murray's success even outside of slams. Also pretty fluctuating in level, which won't exactly help him if he faces top players at the later stages of tourneys...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts