Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
In connection to Stockholm Open a Swedish newspapper gave out the names that are on the Tennis Integrity Unit watchlist, for dumping matches.

Some of these are a real surprise to me! First half is called "black list" and the second half is being monitored.

Philipp Kohlschreiber
Potito Starace
Andreas Seppi
Fabio Fognini
Janko Tipsarevic
Michael Llodra
Nikolaj Davydenko
Teymuraz Gabashvili
Victor Crivoi
Christophe Rochus
Oscar Hernandez
Jevgenij Korolev
Filippo Volandri

Wayne Odesnik
Brian Dabul
Eduardo Scwhank
Jeremy Chardy
Simone Bolelli
Lukasz Kubot
Carlos Berlocq
Igor Kunitsyn
Andrej Golubev
Alex Bogomolov
Somdev Devvar-man
Steve Darcis
Marin Cilic
Flavio Cipolla
Ivo Karlovic
Viktor Troicki

http://www.svd.se/sport/41-tennisnamn-pa-svarta-listan_6563265.svd

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
In connection to Stockholm Open a Swedish newspapper gave out the names that are on the Tennis Integrity Unit watchlist, for dumping matches.

Some of these are a real surprise to me! First half is called "black list" and the second half is being monitored.

Philipp Kohlschreiber
Potito Starace
Andreas Seppi
Fabio Fognini
Janko Tipsarevic
Michael Llodra
Nikolaj Davydenko
Teymuraz Gabashvili
Victor Crivoi
Christophe Rochus
Oscar Hernandez
Jevgenij Korolev
Filippo Volandri

Wayne Odesnik
Brian Dabul
Eduardo Scwhank
Jeremy Chardy
Simone Bolelli
Lukasz Kubot
Carlos Berlocq
Igor Kunitsyn
Andrej Golubev
Alex Bogomolov
Somdev Devvar-man
Steve Darcis
Marin Cilic
Flavio Cipolla
Ivo Karlovic
Viktor Troicki

Link? I'm a little skeptical, especially because I don't see any really big names- current top 10s etc.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

·
Registered
97,137 Posts
Doubt Kubot. He is mentally unstable on court and was like that even on futures tour or national champs, been following him closely for years and not like TIU from this season or smth.

The other ones, I can guess where TIU is coming from, though Kohli and Seppi always looked to me awfully unstable too.

And yeah how on Earth didn't Chela make it.

·
Registered
97,137 Posts
Oh and btw now I know why Davydenko was so much ranting on press yesterday at Kremlin Cup to ATP representatives, Schiavone was insanely pissed and didn't sign autographs, and Radwanska played like a zombie :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Doesn't matter if they are really cheaters/fixers or not to be on the list. What matters is the scorelines and the chokes. Also you would suspect that the betting companies contact ATP if there was a major livebet against a seemingly winning player that then suddenly started to lose. In some cases the gambler probably just took a major chance but normally you don't risk large amounts on bets like that.

Just to take a few of the names.

Kohlschreiber. Plays way more 3-set matches than your "average" player. Most pros actually close out matches in 2 when they win the first set. Kohli has lost more than any normal pro would do when winning the first set. Also lost plenty of matches from having multiple MPs

Fognini. Look at the scorelines in some his matches. Could win a match and be favorite in the next but then get bageled like a clown and lose easily. Very strange player

Gabashvilli/Korolev. Sometimes do so many errors that any sane person must think they do lose intentionally. I'm not sure myself

Troicki/Cilic. Probably both there just for choking tendencies. Dunno how many matches they have lost from being up.

I don't find the list that surprising because it's a few of the players I would say are most interesting to bet against vs lower rankeds or from winning positions because they are "chokers" or inconsistent.

How is Dolgopolov not on the blacklist? He is hands down the most blatant fixer on tour. Chela is also not on the blacklist, and he is absolutely top 5.
Dolgopolov is probably too "new" to be included on the blacklist yet. If he keeps lining really weird scorelines maybe he will get on the watchlist very soon

·
Lurrrkin'
18,055 Posts
Innocent until proven guilty. (Karlovic and Cilic? Now I've heard it all..)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Dolgopolov is probably too "new" to be included on the blacklist yet. If he keeps lining really weird scorelines maybe he will get on the watchlist very soon

I'm pretty sure the blacklist is mainly based on the line movement and betting market more than the scorelines. You can tell for sure when a match is fixed if you rountinely trade tennis markets. When the market is betting a certain player to lose at literally any price when they have a clear advantage in the match - it is surely fixed. The great thing about it is it's literally free money when that sort of line movement occurs, except when Betfair reversed all the wagers made on the epic Davydenko match.:mad: I'm still extremely sour about that one.

Tipsarevic, although on this list is up there with Dolgo/Chela in terms of making it ridiculously obvious.

Last year vs Zeballos in St. Petersburgh involving Tipsarevic was epic. Tipsy opened at 1.18, closed at 2.11. He proceeded to win the opening set and was then was a bigger underdog at 3.1. After Zeballos broke in the second set Tipsy skyrocketed to 6.4, and was 22-1 going into the 3rd set.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
^ good point. But if everyone believes a match is fixed it also becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as everyone will try to jump in on the "free money" and it will look even more fixed so no real evidence either.

·
Registered
26,041 Posts
Kohlschreiber. Plays way more 3-set matches than your "average" player. Most pros actually close out matches in 2 when they win the first set. Kohli has lost more than any normal pro would do when winning the first set. Also lost plenty of matches from having multiple MPs
lol Since when has Kohlschreiber lost plenty of matches from mp? Wasn't it zero before 2011?

·
Registered
97,137 Posts
^ good point. But if everyone believes a match is fixed it also becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as everyone will try to jump in on the "free money" and it will look even more fixed so no real evidence either.
Yeah people like sheep tend to jump on the market creating even bigger panic.

If anyone reads Betfair forum for lolz sometimes they know it's full of desperates who sell their houses literally to be able to bet. This is not a problem for big money to arrive.

And imagine the match is clear and the other person pulls a win. Then everybody cries mafia organized a reverse fix. Wow.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Yeah people like sheep tend to jump on the market creating even bigger panic.

If anyone reads Betfair forum for lolz sometimes they know it's full of desperates who sell their houses literally to be able to bet. This is not a problem for big money to arrive.

And imagine the match is clear and the other person pulls a win. Then everybody cries mafia organized a reverse fix. Wow.
It's like anyone with a brain knows Seppi can't serve out sets, so the other player becomes a 1.04 when Seppi steps up to serve.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
So the thread title is misleading? It's more the list of players that have peculiar scorelines. So could also be mentally very weak and/or chokers. Not necessarily cheaters/fixers in terms of suspicious betting patterns. Right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
In the articel they interview one of Betfairs tennis daytraders.

He says the reason for being on the list is becouse the amounts betted on the game is often way higher then usual + That large summs are placed against a winning player, for not obvious reason.

IE. They know the game is fixed

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Okay, but can't imagine Karlovic, Cilic and Troicki fixing matches.

Troicki and Cilic are mental midgets who tend to lose almost won matches or lose matches against top 200 guys because of lack of motivation.
Same holds for Chardy, Bolelli, Kubot, Darcis.
And if Karlovic has a bad serving day, he can lose to a lot of guys.

Don't think that the second list has anything to do with fixing.

·
A happy person
44,888 Posts
Lukasz Kubot
I'm really surprised he is here and totally disagree with it. I watch him as much as I can and there was never problem with him..

I mean I watched few brutal choke and I'm sure it was due to his mentally level.

But I'm not surprised most of my favourites aren't here. :p :p :p

1 - 20 of 106 Posts