THE BIG MATCH - RULES AND MANAGEMENT THREAD
What is THE BIG MATCH ?
The Big Match is a game where players have to pick the result of a tennis match. Each player has to pick in the thread the following:
Winner and score:
The winner of a round is the one who is the closest to the right score of the match with following criteria:
A: Winner of the match then,
B1: if A, number of correct sets, then number of sets in right order. If correct number of sets in right order, then closest to right score (60 61 62 63 64 75 76).
B2: if not A, number of sets picked for the winner, then number of sets in right order.
C: After B1 and B2, then number of correct set games overall for the right set (60 61 62 63 64 75 76). If tied, last sets have more priority than first sets.
D: After C, number of correct set games overall for any set. Last real sets have more priority than first sets.
E: After D, sum of closest to correct set game overall for the right set (60 61 62 63 64 75 76 67 57 46 36 26 16 06).
F: After E, closest to correct set game overall per set (last sets have more priority than first sets) (60 61 62 63 64 75 76 67 57 46 36 26 16 06)
G: After F, closest to correct game duration overall.
H: After G, first to send picks in the thread.
- in case of retirement of a player, match is completed to all remaining games won by the winner:
E.g: If Djokovic beats Nadal 6/4 3/1 ret, score used is 6/4 6/1.
- in case of walkover (player retires before match is started), match is cancelled.
WHAT IS A TOURNAMENT IN THE BIG MATCH ?
Each round of a tournament is based on a match to be picked. Matches picked correspond to final rounds of major ATP Tournaments.
Qualifying phase of a tournament are based on 7 rounds. Each winner of a round of qualifying phase is qualified for Quarterfinals of tournament.
- If a player wins 2 qualifying rounds, he is qualified for SF of tournament.
- If a player wins 3 qualifying rounds, he is qualified for Final of tournament.
- If a player wins 4 qualifying rounds (out of 7), he wins tournament.
- Winner of a tournament is automatically qualified for next QF of tournament (considered as winning 1 round)
Final phase of a tournament is based on QF rounds, then 2 SF rounds, then Final round. It is also combined with the 7 qualifying rounds of next tournament ...