Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I wish tennis players would give interviews like this. You hear it to some extent by Kyrgios every now and then but everyone is such a pussy and just says pr bullshit.

·
Banned
930 Posts
I wish tennis players would give interviews like this. You hear it to some extent by Kyrgios every now and then but everyone is such a pussy and just says pr bullshit.
They would lose a lot of support from the common tennis base / audience / people around the world.

But I hope that we will have more open fire with the NextGen at hating each other in a tasteful way, not like Kyrgios. Maybe we will have more chapters between Tsitsipas and Medvedev. Tennis still is a classy sport where tasteful behaviour is expected if you want to be well recieved, endorsed / sponsored and supported.

·
justice for all
16,239 Posts
Ronnie is a living legend and I’m not talking just about snooker. Both for personality and style of play he is and will always be my favourite player.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't know about snooker, but that wouldn't really be truth when we are talking about tennis. I have a huge respect for many B3's opponents during all these years. They would be great champions in some other era, but these 3.. they are not from this planet.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
They would lose a lot of support from the common tennis base / audience / people around the world.

But I hope that we will have more open fire with the NextGen at hating each other in a tasteful way, not like Kyrgios. Maybe we will have more chapters between Tsitsipas and Medvedev. Tennis still is a classy sport where tasteful behaviour is expected if you want to be well recieved, endorsed / sponsored and supported.

This is what I want to see more from those kids. That sarcastic comments towards the US crowd made me a fan, for the first time, on such a boring player. Actually reminds of Djokovic some years ago against Roddick ;) before the gurus took the place.

I like this comment on the video:

Vithun IllankovanHá 11 meses (editado)
Medvedev is the villain you can get behind. Unlike others (NK) who act out for attention/to distract people from finding about they are nowhere near as good as pundits hyped them up to be, Medvedev naturally embraces his evil streak as a top villain.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Ronnie is a living legend and I’m not talking just about snooker. Both for personality and style of play he is and will always be my favourite player.
All natural with this guy. When he plays snooker and talks to the media.

(Williams leads 6-2 in the QF of the WC)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ye I agree - you might as well just watching a recording of the Big 3 in interviews as they are all the same soundbites.

Kygrios for all his antics is at least honest even if it drops him the shit.

·
Registered
59,354 Posts
lol I wish Fedal would say this. They're both way declined, but the field (especially on clay) just can't live up to the task.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Is it best of 25?
Yes. Tomorrow the second and third part. I like Williams too, but it would be nice and exciting if The Rocket can somehow catch up.

·
justice for all
16,239 Posts
Yes. Tomorrow the second and third part. I like Williams too, but it would be nice and exciting if The Rocket can somehow catch up.
Comeback is still possible but if Ronnie loses I’d support Mark to win the title. I have a soft spot for these dinosaurs.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts

I don’t mean be a straight up asshole or anything, I just mean them not being afraid to say what they think even if it’s controversial. Sounding slightly dickish like in this interview is fine as he was being honest. As long as people aren’t personally attacking anyone it’s not a big deal.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Comeback is still possible but if Ronnie loses I’d support Mark to win the title. I have a sort spot for these dinosaurs.
Me too. I wasn't even surprised about Ronnie's statement about the level of the younger players. It's similar to tennis.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Super Moderator
9,376 Posts
Me too. I wasn't even surprised about Ronnie's statement about the level of the younger players. It's similar to tennis.
It’s way worse in snooker. People who are already there for almost a decade and a half are still the first two top seeds again at the WC and lots of the seeds are far away from the ages O’Sullivan and co were back then at their breakthroughs.

Well, you might say this was a golden generation which was, but people still expected better from the 90es kids. However, snooker is barely followed by younger people and doesn’t attach much interest especially world wide which would need this sport for a face lift. A few have managed to compete at a decent level, but the general stock is truly awful.

Otherwise in tennis things are a little bit better with Medvedev reaching a Slam final and Tsitsipas winning the WTF. Ofc we still have three old grandpas ruling the show and they probably will for some time, but at least you got some new players showing potential to rock it afterwards. In snooker you have basically close to nothing

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
It’s way worse in snooker. People who are already there for almost a decade and a half are still the first two top seeds again at the WC and lots of the seeds are far away from the ages O’Sullivan and co were back then at their breakthroughs.

Well, you might say this was a golden generation which was, but people still expected better from the 90es kids. However, snooker is barely followed by younger people and doesn’t attach much interest especially world wide which would need this sport for a face lift. A few have managed to compete at a decent level, but the general stock is truly awful.

Otherwise in tennis things are a little bit better with Medvedev reaching a Slam final and Tsitsipas winning the WTF. Ofc we still have three old grandpas ruling the show and they probably will for some time, but at least you got some new players showing potential to rock it afterwards. In snooker you have basically close to nothing
Welp we got the big 3 still at the top since early twenties so they’ve been there for about 15 years too. Big 3 might be uniquely good but this just shows how pathetic next gen is considering we have a 39 year old in top 4.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Novak’s response to NxtGen ‘on court’ after losing to them: vs Zverev; straight sets at FO, vs Tsitsi; straight sets at Paris & Dubai, vs Medved; ATP cup win. However, i do wish the big 3 would b more real & less PC in comparison w/o stooping to Fed’s BFF Kyrgios classless level.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
We were told that a million Chinese were ready to invade and take over snooker, but they seem to have found other things to do. Don't really watch it these days.

·
Super Moderator
9,376 Posts
We were told that a million Chinese were ready to invade and take over snooker, but they seem to have found other things to do. Don't really watch it these days.
True, people thought Ding Junhui is just the beginning, but this guy is just one of the most underrated Snooker players and I don't see anybody from there reaching to Ding's scales

1 - 20 of 21 Posts