• other

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ATP is full of huge servers. Many players depend on their serve to win them a match and most of the times, their serves are so penetrating, it works. Who do YOU think is the best server.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Well Taylor Dent just won a title with his serve. I like Rafter's serve, Rafter has a good back up and placement.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Pete Sampras :) :)

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
yes i am very serious why???

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
I did

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
guys,maybe u dont remember how Pete used to serve in his best seasons..he was unbelaivable,specially at Wimbledon.dont jugde Pete's serve based on last 2 years performances,but based on his whole career.there is no doubt,he got the best one!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I voted for Goran, but all those players are exellent servers, speccially Dent and Krajicek;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
No doubt about it, Wayne Arthurs has the best serve on the tour.

Impossible to pick, and when you pick it, it bounces all over the place.

Anyone who can go unbroken for stretches of 50 to 100 service games is the best.

If you gave his serve to any decent ground stroker, it would be game over.

Imagine a Hewitt with Arthurs serve :eek:

Thats a scary thought

Simon V

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Goran´s serve is the best effective one WHEN it works. As it is not very reliable, since he can get 20947183569235 aces in a row AS WELL AS that many double faults in a row, overall I cant say he has the best one.
Taylor Dent has LOADS of power, and is a POTENTIAL best server. But he is not consistent enough yet to make it a reliable weapon.
And I must agree with Lindsayfan and Daniel, Petes serve is great. Maybe you didnt see it when it was effective, but it was a major weapon. And a plus, it used to ALWAYS work.
Krajicek´s motion is great, and Rafter has the most beautiful serve.

Overall, I still get Sampras, since he is the one who had it working for longer, who won a lot of matches on that weapon, and had it consistently at his serve. Serving is not only blasting, it is mental preparation and a matter of picking the right choice. Pete did all that. :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Didn't Pete hold serve at Wimbledon for over 100 straight games?

Right now his serve might not be what it was, but back in the day it was so he gets the nod from me.

Goran as well, who wouldn't have won WImbledon without it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Guga has a terrific serve. when it gets in that is -- bec he misses a lot of first serves (never the second). but as per form, it's up there with the best. ;) ;)

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
goran and pete when they are at their best :) but where are they now, wa, i miss them :(

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'd say Greg Rusedski, not also does he just have the fastest serve but his new serve compared to his last one has a lower ball toss so it makes it harder to read and he has good variation to it. And he can put great angle onto it and can do alot with the ball like topspin and slice.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts