Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004: Spain beat USA to win a DC final (Rafa defeats Roddick)
2005: First Grand Slam title (Roland Garros), 4 Masters Series titles (two on hard courts) and #51 to #2 in the ATP ranking

2008: Spain beat Argentina to win a DC final (Rafa didn't play, so this example doesn't necessarly count)
2009: Rafa wins first hard court GS (Australian Open) and 3 Masters Series titles befory injury stops his season

2009: Spain beat Czech Republic to win a DC final (Rafa defeats Berdych)
2010: 3 GS titles (RG, Wimby and first US Open title), completing Grand Slam, 3 Masters Series titles

Some other exapmles?
-Verdasco after winning DC in Argentina played his best Grand Slam ever in Australia reaching semis
-Djokovic after winning first Davis Cup title had the most amazing tennis season since many many ears
-whole Serbian team last year...

How will 2012 look like for Nadal?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
We could very well see a reformed Rafa, but this guy needs to take a good rest for the next 3 weeks.

He is playing exho in Abu Dhabi with Roger, Nole, Tsonga, Pics and Gael from 29th to 31st December. Abu Dhabi exho

It pretty much depends if Rafa can get himself out of the mental block he currently has against Nole, and whether a new year will change things. Will be interesting, as a fan, I'm definitely hoping 2012 will be better than 2011. :D

Also, he needs to work on his serve and the backhand.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice confidence booster for sure...but he still didn't beat anybody he wasn't supposed to beat and actually for a set and much looked totally mortal on CLAY! Next year is gonna be interesting..

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
It's there to see for everyone, Rafa can become the man to beat in 2012...

He needs to work badly on that serve though (will come if he has confidence, which this victory should help with) His backhand is already coming back at times, just needs finetuning. His forehand might be the second biggest issue after serving, dropping short, and sitting up instead of going through the court as well as bouncing high up.

Good luck beating him where it matters next year

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I don't think so. I think Rafa would have a good year, probably winning RG, but not much more than that.
He will still be up there, but I don't see him winning more than one slam.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I don't think so. I think Rafa would have a good year, probably winning RG, but not much more than that.
He will still be up there, but I don't see him winning more than one slam.
you don't think he is one of the strong favorites for Wimbledon??.... :confused:

·
12,691 Posts
It's there to see for everyone, Rafa can become the man to beat in 2012...
He needs to work badly on that serve though (will come if he has confidence, which this victory should help with) His backhand is already coming back at times, just needs finetuning. His forehand might be the second biggest issue after serving, dropping short, and sitting up instead of going through the court as well as bouncing high up.

Good luck beating him where it matters next year
Only if Djoker, Fed & Murray suck big time all year then he can be the man to beat in 2012. Rafa already passed his peak. His 2008 form won't be back.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Only if Djoker, Fed & Murray suck big time all year then he can be the man to beat in 2012. Rafa already passed his peak. His 2008 form won't be back.
I disagree ...Rafa is always the man to beat alongside Novak and Roger.....Murray?? LOL ....stop placing him in the same fucking group.....

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Mugray is a fucking clown. Maybe he'll win Bangkok against next year or a set in a GS final. What the hell does Nadal have to do with this loser? Nothing at all.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There's definitely some truth - especially relevant with Djokovic. Obviously 2009 was not a good year but then he didn't even play 2008 final so arguably doesn't count

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I disagree ...Rafa is always the man to beat alongside Novak and Roger.....Murray?? LOL ....stop placing him in the same fucking group.....
Pretty much THIS!

·
Registered
638 Posts
don't worry he'll win barcelona and montecarlo (if djokovic doesn't show up)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The Davis Cup is very important for Nadal because he is not a selfish player. Winning for his country always makes him more dangerous. People will need to watch out for Rafa in 2012

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I doubt he'll have a good year. I can't see him winning any more Slams ever again after a year like 2011 :sad:
Sad, but true.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Nadal will repeat his 2008: RG+W+OG :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts