It has something divine about it

Quite a beautiful sight.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
It has something divine about it

Quite a beautiful sight.
:worship: :worship:

There is something divine about it. Especially after a gamesmanship attempt Federer tried to pull in that match. Justice was served!

And what a beautiful celebration. :bigclap:

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
More like a classless celebration.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:worship: :worship:

There is something divine about it. Especially after a gamesmanship attempt Federer tried to pull in that match. Justice was served!
May you enlighten me?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
May you enlighten me?
Here it is:

Watched that match live in O2, terrific tennis from both players.
Federer tried to ambush Novak with tactics to sit on chair where there was a towel with Djokovics name on it. He almost sucseeded, broke Novak in his first service game to take a lead 3 0 but ended up losing that set 5 7 .
And that MP:worship:
Remember that clearly. The chair was reserved for the higher ranked player in the match and had Novak's name on it. Federer came on the court first and simply took the chair. You could see Novak was upset and confused, while arrogant smug Federer pretended nothing happened. That was one of the sneakiest and most dishonest attempt of gamesmanship I ever saw in a tennis match. Lost a lots of respect for Federer that day. Almost worked in the first set, before Novak settled, focused and started schooling Federer as usual. I was quite happy when Federer lost and his gamesmanship proved to be in vain. :yeah:

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
I love how Djokovic gets in Federer's face. Fistbumping and a lions roar, a true alpha tennis player. Only real men can appreciate this competitive scene.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here it is:
Frauderer :facepalm:

This thread is about Nole's brilliance so I don't want to talk about this incident more. But shame on Federer, I thought he was better. Disappointed.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Eh, there have been many over the long years for me. Hard to pick one.

Here are a couple of classic year end 5 setters when men played the Year End championships* on indoor carpet:

McEnroe vs. Lendl 1983 WCT year end Finals (Reunion Arena, Dallas)

6–2, 4–6, 6–3, 6–7, 7–6(7-0)

Becker vs. Lendl 1988 Nabisco Masters Grand Prix year end Finals (Madison Square Garden, New York)

5–7, 7–6(7–5), 3–6, 6–2, 7–6(7–5)

*WCT Finals were the World Championship Tennis Tour's equivalent to the rival Grand Prix Circuit's Nabisco Masters Finals (which eventually became the Masters Cup-World Tour Finals).

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: TigerTim

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Epic :)

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
the Becker v Lendl match point simply never gets old, incredible incredible match, is that the same one in which Ivan went *6-5 in the 5th before changing racquets and getting broken? :lol:

Shame Becker was a bit of a waste really.

Reactions: masterclass
1 - 20 of 29 Posts