Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love reading end of the year reviews and my favorite tennis writer is without a doubt Steve Tignor, lights ahead of anyone else. I also love his keen eye for detail, he usually picks up on things regular fans and pundits don't notice, he also writes from a player's standpoint of view. I agree with his pick of the best three matches of the year 2011 and the reviews are worth reading. :cool:

1) Giving Them the Index Finger: RG Semifinal Djokovic vs. Federer

2) The Shot—and Then Some: USO Semifinal Djokovic vs. Federer

3) Duel at the Foro: Rome Semifinal Djokovic vs. Murray

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
I thought the way he ended his write up of the RG match was a little weird. But besides that, I really enjoyed them :)

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Expected choices, but good choices nonetheless :yeah:

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
Great choices but I beg to differ.I felt the rome match was better than the us open one quality wise

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Beyond ridiculous selection. roland garros match was forgettable , Nole was rusty as hell after 5 days of no action , he was slipping on bad shoes, the referee and even the crowd was disturbing him and Federer was thumped in the next match. I guess the writer is a federer fan and trying to get his name out there.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
miami and/or uso final belong on that list.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beyond ridiculous selection. roland garros match was forgettable , Nole was rusty as hell after 5 days of no action , he was slipping on bad shoes, the referee and even the crowd was disturbing him and Federer was thumped in the next match. I guess the writer is a federer fan and trying to get his name out there.
Have you read the review? there he gives his reasons and I think those are accurate and fair.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Lopez-Kubot was so good :drool:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Giving them the index finger:D Good one Steve
Expected and accurate choices. Federer and Djokovic really went against personal tradition and produced some high quality encounters last season.

I thought the way he ended his write up of the RG match was a little weird. But besides that, I really enjoyed them :)
true. I kind of stopped reading somewhere there

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He is the best out there, no doubt. Not only he knows his tennis, but he's also an excellent writer. He also has some books out there, I recommend his last on the Borg vs McEnroe rivalry.

·
Registered
22,440 Posts
Another muglist with only the top 4 in it.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Compared to Bodo, he is a genius.
he works for Bodo, so not sure about that. The way both write is just to increase the # of hits on their web site.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts