Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1433 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally we have a thread to cheer and celebrate the world #1 doubles player, Max Mirnyi! :bounce:

Max is currently playing in Stuttgart. He won in singles today in straights over Marc Lopez, and looks primed and ready to take on top seed Carlos Moya in the 3rd round! He is also playing in doubles with Palmer. Good Luck, Max!

Some pics to start us (I hope it's us, not just me talking to myself :eek:) off:

(Pop and son look so much alike!)

(Flexible! :eek: )

(hehe)

(Great shirt)

Now to the trophy pics :D:

(If only I could cut out Hewitt... :D)

(He looks so young in this picture!)

(Stuttgart '01 - First Masters Series singles final)

(Rotterdam '03 - First of MANY singles titles to come :D)

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, Carlos Moya fell to Tomas Behrend 7-6, 7-6 in the second round. So instead of facing the top-seeded Spaniard in the next round, Max will be playing the unseeded German instead. Mirnyi is just 8 points from being ranked in the top 30 in singles so this is an excellent chance for him! :D

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
max is playing tomorrow vs behrend,i get it on tv.i'm not sure though if i'll watch it cos of Tour de France.if i do,i'll write a little report here on how he played.

plz Leo,find a shirtless Max pic for me :drool:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lindsayfan said:
max is playing tomorrow vs behrend,i get it on tv.i'm not sure though if i'll watch it cos of Tour de France.if i do,i'll write a little report here on how he played.

plz Leo,find a shirtless Max pic for me :drool:
Kay, found a few:

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/maxmirnyi/images/On Court/max1.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/maxmirnyi/images/Off Court/hobby6.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/maxmirnyi/images/Off Court/max11.jpg

I hope this persuades you to watch some of Mad Max tomorrow ;)

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
Leo said:
I hope this persuades you to watch some of Mad Max tomorrow ;)

ok I'll watch Max,but pls u keep posting shirtless pics :drool:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Argh, he lost 6-4, 6-4 to Behrend! :(

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
i saw part of the match.max played bad,he missed lots of volleys but that behrend guy played very well,forced max to play from the baseline and u know max is very vulnerable there.He was never able to break behrend,and returned bad,was impatient,not a good attitude on clay. :fiery:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's too bad. :( Thanks for the report anyway, Val. I'll try to find soke more pics for you.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max Mirnyi is seeded #10 at Kitzbuhel and recieves a bye into the 2nd round, where he could meet Luis Horna, semifinalist this week in Amersfoort. The first seed he could meet is Juan Ignacio Chela in the 3rd round.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mad Max wins 6-3, 6-2 over Horna to advance to the third round. Very impressive win over a clay courter. :)

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3-6, 6-3, 6-7 loss to Chela. Oh well, on to the hardcourt season! :D

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From atpinsider:

WEDDING BELLS…MAX MIRNYI has announced his engagement to girlfriend Xenia, also from Belarus. They have yet to set a date for the wedding and will continue to split their time between Minsk (Belarus) and Florida.

Congratulations! :)

Plus Mad Max is in the quarterfinals of DC with wins over Alex Kim (3 sets) and Mike Bryan (2 sets). . Go!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last week in DC Mirnyi reached the quarterfinals, losing 6 and 2 to eventual finalist Fernando Gonzalez. But I'm happy to report that he got revenge by beating Gonzo's Chilean compatriot in straights yesterday to reach the second round of TMS Canada! His next match is gonna be a real toughie against Lleyton Hewitt, who has looked very sharp so far.

Go Max! :bounce:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The Beast has done it! A 7-5, 6-7(4), 7-5 triumph over former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt! Mirnyi was even able to out-return the Aussie, which is remarkable. I like Mad Max's chances against Srichaphan in the Round of 16 of TMS Canada. Make another quarterfinal, Max. :bounce:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

:D

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
she has my approvation,she's cute enough to marry him! :p
btw is she a model or stg?

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not exactly sure, but it seems like she is a model, and a very pretty one at that. You might want to ask Eggy.

Good Luck in Cincy, Mad Max! :bounce: He should be full of confidence after reaching the Montreal quarters with wins over Hewitt and Srichaphan. :D

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
good luck max vs corretja!!!

leo:it seems that we are the only fans of max here :(

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL. We need to get Eggy over here. He's a fan of Mad Max, I think.

1 - 20 of 1433 Posts