Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mirnyi def. (5) Hewitt 7-5, 6-7(4), 7-5

I'm a huge fan of Mad Max and even i am surprised by this result. Mirnyi was even able to out-return the Aussie by creating several more break point chances than Hewwitt, and breaking serve 3 times compared to Hewitt's 1 break. A great win for Mirnyi over a top 5 player that should boost his confidence in singles. :)

But what does this mean for Hewitt? Does this loss mean that he's still far from his best and won't be a real contender at the US Open this year? Or is it simply a continuation of poor results in Canada?

·
Registered
483 Posts
hewitt is done up... j/k i hope not. that would be sad. and what's up with safin. he's gotta do a guga next year coz he has fallen in the ranks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yey Go Max!!! hey isnt he engaged or something?

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Re: Re:

stacy_zam said:
yey Go Max!!! hey isnt he engaged or something?
Yes, he is! The news is in ATPinsiders. You can also find the post in Max thread in players forum.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Re: Re:

well done Maxim :D :woohoo: :D

the Potato is well and properly peeled ;)

Max got engaged recently to Ksenia
Ksenia :drool:

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Gentle Beast - just don't loose to someone you suppose to beat

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Wow!!! :D :D Congratulations, Max!! :D :D

ESPN only showed the first set point. The score line looks like it would have been great to watch. I like to watch Max play singles. I hope he doesn't lose to someone he's supposed to defeat, either, jrm.

Good questions about the significance of Hewitt's loss, Leo. The score indicates that Max was hot. In the set point ESPN showed, Hewitt looked very irritated. So, maybe he lost his cool on the big moment. In the final he played Sunday, Lleyton followed a spectacular return game with a horrendous service game which he lost. Then all Wayne had to do was hold his serve for the match instead of contesting a tie break for the title. I hope he has a strong showing at the USO.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Max :D
I'm a fan of his too and I'm not that surprised. Max has been playing well this year, Hewitt hasnt. Thats all that it takes. Hewitt's ridiculous plan of playing as little tournaments as possible has adversely affected his form, and has not been able to get back the momentum he had last year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts