Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Re: The Nalbandwagon Picking Up Steam

And more confident. If he can carry this form into 2008, he will be a strong force to be reckoned with.
Winning these two finals should be huge boost in his confidence. Especially considering how his level dropped in some important finals (Safin in Madrid, Moya in Rome).

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

Winning these two finals should be huge boost in his confidence. Especially considering how his level dropped in some important finals (Safin in Madrid, Moya in Rome).
I agree. He has won so many big matches now and beaten so many top players now. I just hope that in the business end of a Slam, he shows that same kind of belief and confidence. Judging from these last few weeks, the signs do look good.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

Yes it should, and I don't wanna be negative or anything because I really hope he can mantain this form until January. But, I'm not so sure. I mean, even though he has changed A LOT, his game and all, I don't believe in miracles. And this was all so fast ...

hope I'm wrong though.
really do.

I wanna be postive, damnit! :lol:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

The only thing is his confidence could go back down again if he chokes away a big match again. So I hope he doesn't do that.

But this time he will have the belief knowing that he has closed out numerous matches, rather than in Shanghai where he only did it once (and even that was shaky).

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

Yes it should, and I don't wanna be negative or anything because I really hope he can mantain this form until January. But, I'm not so sure. I mean, even though he has changed A LOT, his game and all, I don't believe in miracles. And this was all so fast ...

hope I'm wrong though.
really do.

I wanna be postive, damnit! :lol:
I think these two tournaments are more important -in term of confidence- than Shanghai. The way he won was simply amazing. He's beaten Berdych, Gasquet, Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, Ferrer. He was able to close important matches in a way we were not used to. I'm not saying he is the 1st candidate to win the AO but I'm pretty optimistic for next year.

PD: btw, whose idea was to ban Gustavo from GM when David is winning everyting? I would have loved to read his excuses !!!

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

PD: btw, whose idea was to ban Gustavo from GM when David is winning everyting? I would have loved to read his excuses !!!
It's probably just as well; his drivel gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

It's probably just as well; his drivel gets on my nerves.
Ljubicic's fans get on my nerves more often than Gustavo but they are all "missing in action".

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

Ljubicic's fans haven't been on the board for a while it seems.

The Serbs have taken over as the more annoying fanbase though, I think.

The way he closed out the match against Gasquet was very impressive to me even though he had a minor hiccup. I mean, at 0-30, he played four high quality points to take the match. Also, in the Ferrer match, I remember in the first set, he saved four break points getting free points off his first serve every time.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

he's not getting on my nerves anymore, he used to though. That's what he wants. And I'm not the one to give an ignorant person the power to annoy me. ;)
Neither do I.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Oh, and I have a question for the Argentine fans. I saw this article posted on dn.net.
http://www.tennisinfoblog.com./
Are all those names his real name? I have a tough time believing that our David has those many names.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Two things about the Bandy Wagon.

One, David is the second most Favorite Player of 2007-behind the perennial, perpetual favorite Marat Safin.

And two...he leads the poll for Bandwagon Player of the Year. Why, with the Bandwagon thread now being called the Nalbandwagon, who's complaining?

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
David has won the 2007 Bandwagon Player of the Year, thus proving that it's not over until the....well, fat, lazy ass man sings (not literally, thank goodness). Add to the fact that David is not fat anymore, the award takes on even more meaning. Who would ever consider themselves part of David's bandwagon anyway?
And I think the bandwagon will continue, even pick up more steam, when the official site opens.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Watch what happens if David wins a Slam, then it will be unbearable.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
If he wins any Slam, it will become problematic.
Aside from the Slams, if David decides to show off his new, improved body in any significant fashion (clothes or otherwise), then this place will go bonkers.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts