Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the draw for the Vietnam tournament - hope Mariano is not too tired to do well here :)

PUERTA MARIANO (1) - Q
BRZEZICKI JUAN PABLO - ARTHURS WAYNE
GREUL SIMON - SCHUETTLER RAINER
MOODIE WESLEY - KOHLSCHREIBER PHILIPP (8)

CARLSEN KENNETH (4) - BJORKMAN JONAS
THRON ALJOSCHA (WC) - Q
WASKE ALEXANDER - SLUITER RAEMON
Q - BURGSMULLER LARS (7)

MONACO JUAN (6) - TUKSAR SASA
LU YEN-HSUN - DUPUIS ANTONY
TIPSAREVIC JANKO - Q
LEE HYUNG-TAIK - STEPANEK RADEK (3)

SAULNIER CYRIL (5) - WESSELS PETER
AMRITRAJ PRAKASH (WC) - VANEK JIRI
PHAU BJORN - DO MINH QUAN (WC)
POPP ALEXANDER - JOHANSSON THOMAS (2)

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Thanks Rosie for the draw :) :) . I too hope Mariano is well rested for the tournament. I know he can do well and perhaps win the tournament :worship: , thereby giving him confidence to play on hard courts :D . :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was looking at the player's list, and it's not so hard. The Romanian Open list was harder. BUT! this is a hard surface tournament, and he is not so good at it. And again the "first seeded complex" . I hope he makes it to the quarter-finals!

GO MARIANO! YOUR BIGGEST FANS ARE WITH U! :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Thanks Rosie, for the draw :)
Wow, he's seeded nr 1...anyway, I hope he won't feel too much pressure - I don't think he will. But mostly i hope he's not too tired.

Vamos Mariano :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Good luck to Mariano in Vietnam - hope his wrist is alright and he doesn't have too much jet lag, and can go far in the tournament!

·
12,245 Posts
Yes, I too hope that his wrist injury :confused: won't prevent him from playing. I hope he does well and lifts the trophy! Buena suerte Mariano! Vamos Mariano!!! :worship: :wavey:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was wondering...do you guys get 2 see his matches? On TV/Internet or smth? Or like me just watching the results because nobody bothers 2 broadcast it?

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
kali_puerta_fan said:
I was wondering...do you guys get 2 see his matches? On TV/Internet or smth? Or like me just watching the results because nobody bothers 2 broadcast it?
:lol: Well, he's not Roddick, Nadal or Federer, it's a hard task to watch any of his matches. :rolls: There's a thread in GM :Tennis online (ATP Sicily - coverage every day on Sportitalia) where you can get information on how to watch some tourneys thru internet. I dunno if Vietnam's being broadcasted but that's my only chance to watch Mariano :shrug:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We get pretty good tennis coverage here in England - but only on pay TV. We get all 4 Grand Slams and all 9 Masters' Series events, plus some of the European clay court events in the Summer on British Eurosport. So I do get to see Maraino on TV sometimes - though not as much as I would like - if his matches clash with Henman, Murray or Rusedski then I have no chance :sad:

·
12,245 Posts
Same here in Saudi Arabia, we get pretty good coverage on satelite tv. 4 GS, The Masters and we also get the British and French Eurosport. So I got to see Mariano's matches from RG(of course) and US Open and Montreal. :wavey:

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
dtiger said:
Same here in Saudi Arabia, we get pretty good coverage on satelite tv. 4 GS, The Masters and we also get the British and French Eurosport. So I got to see Mariano's matches from RG(of course) and US Open and Montreal. :wavey:
Saudi Arabia!! :eek: :hug: I love MTF so much!! :D

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is tomorrow's OOP. Vamos Mariano :)

Centre - 12:00 Noon
Prakash Amritraj vs Jiri Vanek
followed by
Kenneth Carlsen vs Jonas Bjorkman
followed by
Hyung-Taik Lee vs Radek Stepanek
Not before 7:00 PM
MARIANO PUERTA vs Go Soeda
followed by
Alexander Popp vs Thomas Johansson

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
I think there should not be any complication for Mariano to get into 2nd round :D
Go Puerta!!!!

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Vamos Mariano!!! :bounce:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Mariano Puerta def. Go Soeda 6-4 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 :woohoo:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats Mariano for making it to 2nd round! 6-4, 6-7, 6-4
Jet lag is tough to deal with, so good job pulling through.
Good luck for the next one.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats Mariano :bigclap: Must admit when I got home from work and saw the scoreline I was pretty shocked at how close it was - but then I remembered the jet-lag ATennisFan mentioned, and also he must be suffering from some kind or reaction to all the happenings at the DC last weekend. So well done Mariano for holding it together enough to win this match under difficult circumstances - good luck in the next round.

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
Yeah, congrats Mariano (I had the same feeling by reading the score, remember Soeda is ranked 390 or something, but just as you said, Mariano made a huge effort to win) Congrats again!! :bounce: Now go for the aussie!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts