Mens Tennis Forums banner

821 - 840 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Oh you are welcome for the chat thread, I found it sad when I saw the thread was inactive since few time. Let's enjoy the holydays :cool: ... while we can :sad:

So that's how you work ? I must admit it is an effective way to do things. :)
Mine is not really good, you could compare it to a microprocessor : I do 100 different things at the same time and allocate time to each one :crazy:
Oh I also like to do many things at once, most of the time. I think a lot of people multi-task much more these days, since computers became popular/useful. I used to crash my computer a lot opening too many things at the same time, then my computer got better to handle it. :lol: I'm currently having an annoying problem. I want to listen to music, and I want to read tutorials at the same time. But I can't read while I'm listening to music. :sad: So naturally the tutorials go and the music stays.

It's only on the very rare occasion where I get really interested in something to want to spend all night on it. :)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Oh I also like to do many things at once, most of the time. I think a lot of people multi-task much more these days, since computers became popular/useful. I used to crash my computer a lot opening too many things at the same time, then my computer got better to handle it. :lol: I'm currently having an annoying problem. I want to listen to music, and I want to read tutorials at the same time. But I can't read while I'm listening to music. :sad: So naturally the tutorials go and the music stays.

It's only on the very rare occasion where I get really interested in something to want to spend all night on it. :)
I think you are right, multi-tasking is becoming popular ;)
There is something I'd like to do but unfortunately it's impossible : Watching TV while listening to music... you can't do both at the same time but sometime it's frustrating, I want to listen to a specific music but if you are watching series or a movie it's not really the best moment to do it :rolleyes:

EDIT : I understand your choice, music is more interesting than reading a boring tutorial :D

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I think you are right, multi-tasking is becoming popular ;)
There is something I'd like to do but unfortunately it's impossible : Watching TV while listening to music... you can't do both at the same time but sometime it's frustrating, I want to listen to a specific music but if you are watching series or a movie it's not really the best moment to do it :rolleyes:
Yeah, movies are something you have to devote your full attention to. That's why I could never devote a day to watching numerous movies/TV, which some people like to do.

Although to be fair, why would you want to watch a show with music on? You wouldn't have a clue what's going on. :)

On the other hand, has anyone tried watching tennis while listening to music? I have, and it's too hard to pay attention to the tennis.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Yes, Krystel it's very easy to do that watch tennis and listen to music at the same time.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yeah, movies are something you have to devote your full attention to. That's why I could never devote a day to watching numerous movies/TV, which some people like to do.

Although to be fair, why would you want to watch a show with music on? You wouldn't have a clue what's going on. :)

On the other hand, has anyone tried watching tennis while listening to music?

I have, and it's too hard to pay attention to the tennis.
Yes I did it too, but I mute the sound of the tennis. :D

As for the reason to watch a movie with music on, honestly I can't give you a rational answer, it's just sometimes I think watching a movie is a waste of time. I could do plenty of other thing at the same time instead of just being focused on a single thing, if you see what I mean !

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Yes I did it too, but I mute the sound of the tennis. :D

As for the reason to watch a movie with music on, honestly I can't give you a rational answer, it's just sometimes I think watching a movie is a waste of time. I could do plenty of other thing at the same time instead of just being focused on a single thing, if you see what I mean !
I get it. It's like keeping your eyes busy, while your ears are. :p

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
First happy new year.

Second im concerned about david he havent comitted to any tournament til march apart from Sydney and AO...

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
I miss him too. Tennis just isn't the same without David.

I also miss Richie, but that's another matter...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
What's with the roll eyes smiley? :lol:
LOL I just noticed what I sugested with the roll eyes smiley !! Can't stop laughing, as it wasn't made on purpose :)

Anyway I hope you are all okay here, it's been a long time !

I don't watch tennis as much as before but I still follow David and I am so sad for him, I hope the best for him :)
This year RG was not the same without him on the draw...

I finally found my internship in a foreign country and I am currently there. Try to guess where I am... in Crete, in Heraklion ! :cool:

It's like heaven here !

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
hehe, Crete is among the most beautiful Greek islands. Also, university of Crete in Heraklion is a high impact European university in research. You're very lucky, Viken. Hope you take full advantage of this opportunity. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
hehe, Crete is among the most beautiful Greek islands. Also, university of Crete in Heraklion is a high impact European university in research. You're very lucky, Viken. Hope you take full advantage of this opportunity. :yeah:
Yes I know, I am actually at the TEI of Crete, it's a big university !!
Quiet hard to communicate though, most of them don't speak english, only greek !

I will try to learn it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Yes I know, I am actually at the TEI of Crete, it's a big university !!
Quiet hard to communicate though, most of them don't speak english, only greek !

I will try to learn it :rolleyes:
Hard to believe that. In Athens most people are expected to speak English. At my university, journal references for many courses are written in English. University staff accept the thesis in English, in certain cases they demand that... Anyway, Greek is a very smart language to learn, particularly for those who study hard sciences. ;)

821 - 840 of 845 Posts