Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I have a great record against anybody right now, so it doesn't really matter who I play in the final. I'll be in there as the big favorite. But I play my best in the finals, in the important matches. That's why I'm number one. There's no secret...I'm not overconfident, but very confident."
-- Roger Federer after winning the first semifinal in Cincinnati.

I've seen lots of comments about Federer being the most arrogant, or becoming more arrogant. Maybe it's confidence, not arrogance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
I guess people want him to say that no if I play a match I'm not the fav, despite winning 22 straight finals. If he did that then people would say he is fake :lol: Cant please everyone, I'd rather he were honest, which he is. If some people see that as arrogance then fine
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
queen alexandria said:
"I have a great record against anybody right now, so it doesn't really matter who I play in the final. I'll be in there as the big favorite.
Head to Head versus probably his most likely final opponent...........

Roger Federer 1 - 2 Rafael Nadal

2005 Roland Garros, Clay, S
France Clay S Nadal 3-6 6-4 4-6 3-6
2005 ATP Masters Series Miami, Hard, F
FL, U.S.A. Hard F Federer 2-6 6-7 7-6 6-3 6-1
2004 Miami AMS, Hard, R32
FL, U.S.A. Hard R32 Nadal 3-6 3-6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
adee-gee said:
Head to Head versus probably his most likely final opponent...........

Roger Federer 1 - 2 Rafael Nadal

2005 Roland Garros, Clay, S
France Clay S Nadal 3-6 6-4 4-6 3-6
2005 ATP Masters Series Miami, Hard, F
FL, U.S.A. Hard F Federer 2-6 6-7 7-6 6-3 6-1
2004 Miami AMS, Hard, R32
FL, U.S.A. Hard R32 Nadal 3-6 3-6
At the US Open this year, unlikely
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
adee-gee said:
Head to Head versus probably his most likely final opponent...........
Roger Federer 1 - 2 Rafael Nadal
he said that when he won semi in cincinnti.
so he was referring to hewitt and roddick

plus nadal is indeed one of the likely player to be seen in final in USO....
 

·
F***ing have it
Joined
·
18,057 Posts
another Wtahellesque thread :yawn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,176 Posts
I mean, did you want him to say, "ok guys, I'm sorry but I'm not the favorite. I'm the number one player in the world, but I play like shit. I win all my finals, but I suck at finals. I'm really NOT going to win the US Open, because there are better players out there. Despite having overwhelming records against top players recently, I don't think I can beat them. I'm not underconfident, I'm just modest."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,783 Posts
adee-gee said:
Nonsense, who is then? The bookies seem to think so, he's the no.2 seed, he's no.2 in the world.
the bookies are shite. he is not the 2 best hardcourter in the world, far from it, roddick,agassi are better hardcourters. roddick is most likley to be in the final from the bottom half of the draw.
nadal got to the no2 in the world through clay, because he is no2 in the world it doesnt mean he is second best player on harcourt.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
Wow someone must be desperate for some V-cash.
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
1sun said:
the bookies are shite. he is not the 2 best hardcourter in the world, far from it, roddick,agassi are better hardcourters. roddick is most likley to be in the final from the bottom half of the draw.
nadal got to the no2 in the world through clay, because he is no2 in the world it doesnt mean he is second best player on harcourt.
Were my eyes deceiving me when I saw Nadal see off Agassi in the final of Toronto? I didn't realise that was on a clay court.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
adee-gee said:
Nonsense, who is then? The bookies seem to think so, he's the no.2 seed, he's no.2 in the world.
i think nadal has great chance, well at least get into the semi..

i agree with you adee-gee...don't worry
there are a lot of people out there still havent seen nadal.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,359 Posts
Nadal's in better form at the moment than Agassi or Roddick, and has won a major hardcourt title in the past year, something they haven't. I expect him to repeat the Montreal final victory if he plays Agassi in the quarters, but would probably predict Roddick to beat him in the semis.

I seriously doubt Federer would describe himself as the overwhelming favourite ahead of a final against Nadal, he has more sense than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,783 Posts
adee-gee said:
Were my eyes deceiving me when I saw Nadal see off Agassi in the final of Toronto? I didn't realise that was on a clay court.
you cannot base your judgement on whose the better hardcourt player on one match. agassi played like shit anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top