Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about creating this because there are lots of good happenings every week that are not perhaps a thread worth on their own. I have seen quite a few users that follow CH tour regularly notice something funny and post those on the "Live commentatory thread". But those get lost there quite easily if there is some ATP activity happening.

So anything that happens. Doesnt have to be much. Horrible linecall or Jay Clarke's massive 2nd serve. Anything goes.

Dont have to make GIFs or anything.

I remember one time someone smashed his racquet and then realized it was his only one. Ended up asking his opponent if he could borrow him one :ROFLMAO: Anyone remember what match was that?

I would really appreciate if you could post here and there. I will be using this to ask my stupid questions that are not worth creating a new thread.

(y)

·
30,414 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been very surprised by Celikbilek's rise the past 6(?) months. Do you think he has a solid future?
Depends what solid future means 😅 right now he is a solid CH level player. Room for improvement but a very decent player with many decent wins.

I am very poor at judging players ability but I think he is on the rise. Wouldnt surprise me to see him play CH and lesser ATP events in the future.

He has plenty of strange moments and poor shot selections that cost him. If he gets better with that then that would be great for him.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone explain to me Vaja Uzakov receiving a MD WC to St. Petersburg CH?

Aged 32, unranked. Career best #698, no wins since 2014.

Lost his match 6-0 6-0.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

2:33:15

Why does Gomez win the 7th game of 3rd set? Tirante has 40-30 lead on serve before he gets injured. Is it some MTO rule? Tirante had MTO before that but not for same injury.

And is anyone able to analyze what is the injury? The never-ending screaming is pretty scary. And what are the medical staff actually doing at 2:39:20

edit: the scoring sites showing that Gomez would win the next 3 points to break :unsure: but that surely didnt happen.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't he have ties with oligarch Usmanov?
Seemingly so :D still seems random as its just a CH without crowd. If you are willing to ask for such thing might as well make most of it and request a MD WC to St. Petersburg ATP500 and request the match to be on centre court.

·
Registered
22,563 Posts

2:33:15

Why does Gomez win the 7th game of 3rd set? Tirante has 40-30 lead on serve before he gets injured. Is it some MTO rule? Tirante had MTO before that but not for same injury.

And is anyone able to analyze what is the injury? The never-ending screaming is pretty scary. And what are the medical staff actually doing at 2:39:20

edit: the scoring sites showing that Gomez would win the next 3 points to break :unsure: but that surely didnt happen.
Cramps. So you can't take a MTO for that, hence the point penalties because of the time it took. He still tries to play the 4-3 game and then retires after two points

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cramps. So you can't take a MTO for that, hence the point penalties because of the time it took. He still tries to play the 4-3 game and then retires after two points
Cheers. Thought so. Very strange to keep on playing after being in so much pain. And the "MTO" continues after he retires.

I have seen players play through the pain and even succeed sometimes but that was just never going to happen here. Any info what was the injury officially?

·
Registered
22,563 Posts
Cheers. Thought so. Very strange to keep on playing after being in so much pain. And the "MTO" continues after he retires.

I have seen players play through the pain and even succeed sometimes but that was just never going to happen here. Any info what was the injury officially?
Could have worked out if it was a Fognini - Montanes type of cramp, but this was really severe. Props for still trying though. Official injury is just cramps

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any sus odds movemen with thatt?
Unfortunately I wasnt able to check the betfair exchange/bet365 during the match. But truth be told Meligeni losing the match from 6-4 3-0 up is certainly something that shouldnt be happening.

I dont remember these two players having too many 'that kind of matches' so wont be judging them this time.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
They are not talking about odds, dont be a moron.
their point is if it was a fix / tank suspicion, the shifting or movement of odds would make it clearer.
And my point is is that whenever it doesn't go your way, it's always a fix. Sad really, but not surprising, i mean, joining a tennis forum like i did is weird enough, i will admit, but "TennisBetMaster" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 24 Posts