Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like so much focus on the 90-92 generation's failure, sometimes we forget the truly invisible generation that follows.

The 3 best born 93-94 is playing at this very moment. Lucas Pouille, Dominic Thiem and Jiri Vesely.

I suddenly figured I have never seen anyone else their age ever play, and I do watch alot of tennis. I watched these u24 ranking:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=29EC224593D363F0!31338&app=Excel

And became curious about those names far from top 100 born 93-94:

Kimmer Coppejans, Jason Kubler, Aslan Karatsev, Bjorn Fatangello, Alex Bolt, Liam Broady, Luke Saville

Has anyone seen them?

These players are turning 21-22, the last years where there is room for dramatic improvement. Does any of these guys show potential?

·
Rankings Master
15,870 Posts

·
Registered
68,134 Posts
coppejans belongs to the first group imo, even if his ranking atm is lower he will be there

kubler is on that average ranking because due to his knees he can only play on clay. he was actually very close to retirement, so its something, you know...

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coppejans belongs to the first group imo, even if his ranking atm is lower he will be there

kubler is on that average ranking because due to his knees he can only play on clay. he was actually very close to retirement, so its something, you know...
That is interesting and unfortunate.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I feel like so much focus on the 90-92 generation's failure, sometimes we forget the truly invisible generation that follows.

The 3 best born 93-94 is playing at this very moment. Lucas Pouille, Dominic Thiem and Jiri Vesely.

...Kimmer Coppejans, Jason Kubler, Aslan Karatsev, Bjorn Fatangello, Alex Bolt, Liam Broady, Luke Saville

Has anyone seen them?

These players are turning 21-22, the last years where there is room for dramatic improvement. Does any of these guys show potential?
Agreed - this group are drastically underrepresented in the top 100 and rapidly being overtaken by the (genuinely) young guns.

Of the Australians in the group group Bolt seems to have the most potential - decent doubles player (in top 100) and moving up rapidly in singles. Saville struggles unless on grass. Kubler was moving up well last year, but hasn't had a great year to date - and got to wonder if body can cope with the rigors of the tour, even sticking to clay.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I have seen them but no matter which year you pick, they all seem to be lost :bolt: ... Let's hope they will find their way one day when Fed, Nole and Rafa are all gone ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts