• Sinner & Gaston (same round)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All (same round)

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
23,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now, 3 players born from the 00's (also known as the "naughties" due to being two naughts/zeroes) are in the 4th Round:

Sebastian Korda - USA - born July 5, 2000
Jannik Sinner - Italy - born August 16, 2001
Hugo Gaston - France - born September 26, 2000

There has been a drought of young players interestingly during the prime of the Big Four, but now we are surging with a lot -- even now those born in the 00's.

Who here do you think will go deepest?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Gaston and Korda will have virtually zero chance against Thiem and Nadal, respectively. Maybe in one or two years, but not now. Sinner will also be the underdog against Zverev, but with some chances for an upset. By the way, Nadal will be the oldest player by more than 6 (!) years in the lower half in R16. If Anderson and RBA should lose tomorrow, only Djokovic and Nadal will remain as players born in the 80s.

·
Registered
983 Posts
They all will lose in the 4th round, the sinner has the best shot at reaching the QF though.

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Gaston and Korda face unstoppable forces in R4. OTOH Sinner's chances are better obviously but on a good day Zverev is very difficult to beat too.

Reactions: TheLastJedi

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Good Thread, interesting stats, so it is nice to see new young faces in the second week of a slam, anyhow, I think they will all lose here. Only Jannik would have a small chance if Zverev does not play at his best.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
I think Sinner will cause an upset and will beat Zverev. For me the German looked far from unbeatable so far, so the Italian will be up for the task this time.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nice stats
They're all facing top 5 seeds

I remember Oliel was the first 2000's player to gain ATP points, and is now stucked on Futures
And then came Auger Aliassime, that reached R4 on US2020
And now the three other 2000's players reached R4 of a slam, being Gaston and Korda quite unexpected to do it in 2020.

I think we had two anomallies in the last 15 years
  • The Big 3
  • The weak lost gen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts