Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal has completed the first week without losing more than 4 games in a set. He has totally dominated his opponents, just like always at RG.

Do we really think this year will be any different? Why? We always get excited about Djokovic, but he never comes through.

Who else is getting that sinking feeling??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's not over until the greatest clay court player of all time bows out

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Djokovic has a history of disappointments at RG, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up losing against a subpar Nadal.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I thought you were talking about Olderer`s match tomorrow against the clown :eek:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nadal has completed the first week without losing more than 4 games in a set. He has totally dominated his opponents, just like always at RG.

Do we really think this year will be any different? Why? We always get excited about Djokovic, but he never comes through.

I don't get any feeling about this tournament at all. It is Rafa's to lose until he loses and then it's open...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I will so bump this thread after the QF.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Best case scenario: Nadal beats Djokovic in a 6 hour long epic, and then Murray finishes Nadal off in the semis and takes the title.

Reactions: @Sweet Cleopatra

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
They have another match to win before the inevitable but I never comment on how any of my faves will fare, especially in a Grand Slam. I will say this. This tournament is taking a turn where strange things are happening and it's heating up. I don't have a feeling one way or another. I just want Nole to play his heart out and leave it all on the court. Play his absolute best when it is needed. That's all a fan can ask for.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Nadal made the final of Madrid but lost to a top four player. He made the QFs of Rome, before losing to the first top ten player he met, I believe.

He's playing well enough to go deep in the tournaments. The question is can he raise his game to beat the likes of Djokovic here? I'm guessing he can.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Has he played anyone inside the top 100 yet?
Q. Halys :haha:

N Almagro :haha: :haha: :haha:

A. Kuznetsov :haha:

Uncle Tony is still on top of his game. :mad:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Still feels like Novak's to lose even though Rafa is holding the title.

No point speculating much longer -- they'll play within a few days.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Q. Halys :haha:

N Almagro :haha: :haha: :haha:

A. Kuznetsov :haha:

Uncle Tony is still on top of his game. :mad:
That's what I thought. And his first opponent in top 100 will be Jack freaking Sock.

Nothing to see here.
Douse thread in gasoline and ignite.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
That's what I thought. And his first opponent in top 100 will be Jack freaking Sock.

Nothing to see here.
Douse thread in gasoline and ignite.
Halis - 296
Almagro - 154
Kuznetsov - 120

How is this draw at slam even possible. :mad: Disgusting.

:eek:

And people have decency to open threads like these. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
The guys Rafa has beat lost to him in the locker room. That won't be the case with Djokovic. Djokovic's serve looks very strong right now and that'll be the X factor when they play imo. Rafa's serve still looks very vulnerable and even Almagro/Kuznetsov broke him a couple of times. Novak is serving better than I can ever remember and his ROS will allow him to be in every Nadal service game. Novak is a 75-25 favorite in my eyes, but I will never count out Rafa at the French Open.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts